Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has wheels on his SLK he'd like to get rid of, they're 18x8.5 Brabus monoblock V's with 38 offset (I think .. or 35, if I remember right)...will these fit my CLK?<br>
<br>
Can I just lower with just Eibach springs (w/o changing shocks) and not lose any ride comfort?<br>
<br>
What aftermarket exhaust do you guys use and recommend?<br>
<br>
Thanks a lot for your help. I've tried searching the archives but my connection is quite slow.<br>
<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes the Brabus will definitely fit your car. The SLK and CLK are based on the same chassis.

You don't have to change the shocks. Eibachs are very comfortable. I suggest though changing your spring pads when you change the springs. <br> 2pt pad front and 1pt pad rear should be perfect with the Eibachs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Beware of CLK320.

Mercedes-Benz is not committed to delivering a exceptional product like they say they would.<br> <br> Just got a Brand new 2002-CLK320 9/15/2002.. Less then 3 days/300 miles and already at the dealers for an electrical repair(Radio and Navigation system)keep cuting out.They had remove just about everything (new deck,new rear windshield ,Main COAX electrical cable,...ect)and still coun't find the problem.<br> <br> After spending $52,000 on a car like -Mercedes- you would expect trouble free.<br> <br> -Why the first few enthusiasts who keep their faith in the companies new product have to face the brunt?<br> -Why don't the company carry out the necessary homework and trials before launching a product.<br> <br> Now 10/4/2001 the car still at the dealer(Mercedes Benz of San Diego)...still waiting for more parts to be replaced. I have took some of the pictures of the car during the repair... not a pretty sight...I will post some of those pictures up tonight.<br> <br> I am sorry to say that my faith with Mercedes Benz has totally been shattered . The spicy marketing of their product carried me away. I don't know whether there is a drawback in the car or their service staff is not trained to deal with the new generation of cars. But ultimately I have suffered the trauma of visiting the service station repeatedly . I hope Mercedes Benz will take the corrective measures so that I am not forced to approach the press/ consumer court for redressal. <br> <br> Hai Pham<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frank, you seem to be know this subject. With Eibach springs, can I go with 19" wheels? Thanks aga

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ofcourse. With the right offset and widths, you can go up to 20's if you want.

Here's a picture of my car with 19' AMG CL wheels, H&R springs and 1 pt pads rear, 2pt pads front

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Have MBUSA buy back the car under lemon laws or have them replace it.

I have already done that....and they say that why Mercedes offer warranty repairs. <br> So! they will repair it...in the mean time, I just have to wait.<br>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts