Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned a 2000 year CL600 for 4 days now and all it's done is be faulty, first radiator fan stopped working so took it to stealers today to get fixed, that was only fault on whole car, jumped in today, started up and brake symbol, srs symbol & abs symbol are all illuminated, display defective please visit work shop, bas please visit work shop & abc please visit work shop all displayed on dash.
Electric seats, electric window, indicators, horn, soft closure all stopped working, headlights work but intermittent, no radio heater turns on intermittently and windows go up and down about a 1" at a time randomly but don't work on switches, I just don't know what to do and guy I bought it from don't wanna know, I've only done 12 miles in it and can't park it out side as I can't do windows up, can't drive it at all cause no indicators lights etc, please please can some one help, I'm beginning to hate this luxury car

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've owned a 2000 year CL600 for 4 days now and all it's done is be faulty, first radiator fan stopped working so took it to stealers today to get fixed, that was only fault on whole car, jumped in today, started up and brake symbol, srs symbol & abs symbol are all illuminated, display defective please visit work shop, bas please visit work shop & abc please visit work shop all displayed on dash.
Electric seats, electric window, indicators, horn, soft closure all stopped working, headlights work but intermittent, no radio heater turns on intermittently and windows go up and down about a 1" at a time randomly but don't work on switches, I just don't know what to do and guy I bought it from don't wanna know, I've only done 12 miles in it and can't park it out side as I can't do windows up, can't drive it at all cause no indicators lights etc, please please can some one help, I'm beginning to hate this luxury car
Yikes! Get it flat-bedded back to the shop. It's unlikely all of that stuff failed simultaneously. Probably a bad control unit and a single fix, but no way to know without pulling the codes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had it to dealers and there computer won't communicate with the car to see codes, it's totally goofed, but engine still runs and you can still drive it just with no electrics, please can someone shine some light on this, thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've had it to dealers and there computer won't communicate with the car to see codes, it's totally goofed, but engine still runs and you can still drive it just with no electrics, please can someone shine some light on this, thanks
The first step is to get the computer talking. It either needs to be flashed (wiped out and the software reinstalled) or it needs to be replaced. There is no magic fix.

·
Registered
Sold my 2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
579 Posts
Depending on the VIN number. There was a Recall on the Electronic dash itself. Search around on here. I recall getting the recall in the mail. But mine was not in the VIN range.
Hate to tell you but sounds like water damage.

·
Registered
330 Posts
So we're clear on the chronology here: Five days ago you bought a 2000 CL600. The radiator fan failed immediately. The dealership fixed the fan and there were no other issues. The next day, the car suffered a massive electrical failure and the computer will not communicate with the diagnostic software. Is that correct?

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes SL, 1964 Corvette StingRay Sport Coupe, 1992 Mercedes 300 SL, Porsche 911 Twin Turbo
427 Posts
I have been thinking of buying a CL500 but this makes me think that i might buy myself a problem?

If the computer will not communicate why not try to take off the battery for a few hours and see if that helps making the computer more willing to communicate?

·
Registered
2006 CL600 2011 C300
125 Posts
So we're clear on the chronology here: Five days ago you bought a 2000 CL600. The radiator fan failed immediately. The dealership fixed the fan and there were no other issues. The next day, the car suffered a massive electrical failure and the computer will not communicate with the diagnostic software. Is that correct?
This was my same thoughts as well.....??

·
Registered
Whatever car has the gas in it
1,909 Posts
Jesus! Did you get a PPI Before you bought this car? Sorry to hear about your troubles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi mike5215
Yes had car for 4 days and realised fan wasn't working, so had car to dealer and they confirmed it was the radiator fan unit, but the day I was taking it to dealer I found that I had all the electrical probs :-(, there star computer came up with loads of exclamation marks on everything, car is at dealers now! They replaced left hand Sam unit and fuse rail block but didn't make any difference they say they think the drainage holes being blocked has caused water to run into passenger footwell electrics, they say water has prob run down trunking or got into a plug etc, any ideas where any plugs are situated? Gonna be a lot of work I think:-( not even driven the car since I've owned it apart from to dealers

·
Registered
330 Posts
Who's paying for the repairs?

·
Registered
30 Posts
It may every well be that this dealer in question doesn't have the right software to read CL600 engine. I have talked to a number of Mercedes repair shops who have said that they have original Mercedes software but have decided not to purchese the extension for CL600 because of the rareness of the engine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts