Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following is the difference in gulf specs sedans when compared to their euro counterparts.. Just though this might intrest someone

- No headlight vipers on gulf spec cars
- Fan equiped oil cooler
- No heated seats
- AC condensor has abt 2.5 bigger
- 4 Rows radiator..accomodates a little more coolant than radiator featured in euro

- Denso 10P17 compressor in any W126 higher than 280

·
Registered
88,560 SEC & SEL Euros, 06 S-500, 06 SRT8 Magnum
246 Posts
What in the world are you talking about. Question: what is a gulf specs w126. Here in Canada we call them GOLF CARTS and they don't have any vipers either the seats are not heated but are dam hot in the summer The A/C works great full out between greens though. Please enlighten me!

Gary

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
I think he means the middle east, especially the nations around the Persian Gulf (i.e. Saudi, UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, and perhaps Iran and Iraq).
No need for a heated seat there but definitely more emphasis provided to maintain the car running and keeping occupants cool.
I won't mind having a W126 with those specs if I had to drive in the Southwest or in Australia.

...no I don't want a viper in my car either unless it has something to do with a car alarm [xx(],

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Good to know, any chance of getting some part numbers? Is the fan equiped oil cooler the same as the one that was optional for the diesels?

What about the radiator? what model/designation can that be found in, or ordered from?

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cyberdrakon - 4/9/2005 12:31 AM

Is the fan equiped oil cooler the same as the one that was optional for the diesels?
yup its the same

The radiator i belive is the same which was used in diesel version of euro spec.. is made by behr and accomodates 3/4 quart more coolant..

offically mercedes diesel vehicles were never shipped to gulf.. all diesels are grey market / private imports

1 - 6 of 6 Posts