Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
'84 300SD '91 300CE '95 SL500
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes:Just read the article on MSN.com about the most ticketed cars in America. Guess which car gets four times more tickets than any other - you guessed it! MB SL class. Unless you have you just don't understand.:D

·
Registered
MB SL600, MB 380SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, 38' Chris-Craft, Volvo V70XC, and my own two feet...
4,131 Posts
That survey must be wrong. I feel like the real answer is "whatever car is currently being driven by chriswufgator"...

The cops sure seem to love me. I can be going 10 over inadvertently, people flying by me on both sides, and I'm always the one that gets the ticket. Doesn't matter what car I'm in, either. :crybaby2:

Of course, my Beltronics STi has helped matters significantly, I usually drop down to 10 UNDER the limit when it tells me there's a cop around, just so there's no argument.

·
Registered
'91 500SL, '92 300E, '65 Mustang
305 Posts
if you read it, it says average age is 53, and 59 percent FEMALE!

Are you guys letting your wives drive? TSK TSK TSK...
(it is also the r230, and not 129)

·
Registered
305 Posts
That survey must be wrong. I feel like the real answer is "whatever car is currently being driven by chriswufgator"...

The cops sure seem to love me. I can be going 10 over inadvertently, people flying by me on both sides, and I'm always the one that gets the ticket. Doesn't matter what car I'm in, either. :crybaby2:

Of course, my Beltronics STi has helped matters significantly, I usually drop down to 10 UNDER the limit when it tells me there's a cop around, just so there's no argument.
Im gonna drive near you more often so I wont get ticketed!

·
Registered
2013 SL550 Grey/ Red/Black Ash wood with every option
427 Posts
Never a problem here.

·
Registered
'84 300SD '91 300CE '95 SL500
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is just what the insurance companies are looking for to justify their higher rates!

·
Registered
1997 SL500, 1948 Rover 75 P3, 1984 Citroen 2CV, 1953 BSA Bantam D1, 1966 Velosolex Moped
1,141 Posts
if you read it, it says average age is 53, and 59 percent FEMALE!

Are you guys letting your wives drive? TSK TSK TSK...
(it is also the r230, and not 129)[/QUOTE

Interesting that it's the R230. Without wishing to offend our brothers and sisters on the R230 site, it definitely has a flashier image that attracts attention both good and bad. I've never been pulled over in my 129, and most people seem to adopt a friendly 'nice old car' approach, without that resentment that is sometimes aimed at other models. I think it's because we have good taste ;).

Regards
Steve

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
♫Think I'd better knock, knock, knock on wood, y'all♫
I knock on the wood grain that surrounds the shifter before downshifting and WOT on the freeway, LOL.
Regardless, I currently have (2) pending speeding citations, and the more significant one is (86 MPH in a 60 MPH zone).

·
Registered
305 Posts
I knock on the wood grain that surrounds the shifter before downshifting and WOT on the freeway, LOL.
Regardless, I currently have (2) pending speeding citations, and the more significant one is (86 MPH in a 60 MPH zone).
You beat me! I only have one pending speeding citation, and a parking ticket (for taking 2 spots).

We need more GOOD people like Thorgod in our areas...

·
Registered
'96 SL500, Triple Black
1,650 Posts
♫Think I'd better knock, knock, knock on wood, y'all♫
Did you give up on Heaven's Door?

Now, if y'all would just obey the posted limits... yeeesh.

Now I know I have jinxed myself... I need one of those gotta go smilies ..... ------>

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
Sorry to hear that Chris, They ALL must know what you do for a LIVING!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

·
Registered
95 sl500, AMG - F/R Brakes, Exhaust, Wheels. RennTech - ECU, CF Airbox. H&R Sport Springs. K&N
1,028 Posts
my wife used to get pulled over all the time!!! Only got a ticket once. One day a cop said.. Look, u know u have a fast car, we know u have a fast car, U know we sit here almost every day.. Just slow down.... Too funny.

·
Registered
"NEW OWNER" of a 1991 SL 500 weekend toy. Hope I don't go broke maintaining it!
600 Posts
Today while driving from Charlotte to Columbia, S.C. (to drop son off at U.S.C. college) i HIT 110 for a few seconds on a long straight away. The section I was on dips from a ridge down into a valley about 600 ft, and you can see all the way up the other side about 3 miles away that no police were in site (no exit ramps to ambush you from).

I may have to change my ID to "sweaty palms" becuaes that's the rush I had from going from 75 to 90 then 110 and back.

BTW I was in a 70 mph zone so it wasn't THAT BAD!!
;)

·
Registered
'96 SL500, Triple Black
1,650 Posts
Today while driving from Charlotte to Columbia, S.C. (to drop son off at U.S.C. college) i HIT 110 ...;)
HEY Sweaty Palms! What are you doing in here? This is the tickETED thread not the tickING thread. :p

But, it sounds like it was purring right along today. :thumbsup:

Was your son with you when you hit 110? I bet he loved Dad doing that. haha

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Today while driving from Charlotte to Columbia, S.C. (to drop son off at U.S.C. college) i HIT 110 for a few seconds on a long straight away. The section I was on dips from a ridge down into a valley about 600 ft, and you can see all the way up the other side about 3 miles away that no police were in site (no exit ramps to ambush you from).

I may have to change my ID to "sweaty palms" becuaes that's the rush I had from going from 75 to 90 then 110 and back.

BTW I was in a 70 mph zone so it wasn't THAT BAD!!
;)
Oh come on how can it be bad to be doing 110 in an R129 when there's no danger? Eheh ;).

Cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts