Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from MBUSA[:)] a Free Gift, anyone got one?

Attachments

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Yep, received mine on Mon along with an offer of a $500 prepaid gas card with the purchase of a W164

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,474 Posts
So, who did you guys pay to have this special treatment??

Nice. Jim, I think they just liked your ML CSTER plate. I did get two European size leather wallets from Paul Juron. They were nice and have come in handy. Maybe I can trade one of my wallets for one of your pens

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
ditto

sosh - 4/20/2005 7:34 PM

Yep, received mine on Mon along with an offer of a $500 prepaid gas card with the purchase of a W164
Nice gesture!Haven't used a refillable "pencil" since college. It's nice how they are promoting that they literally went to the drawing board with the new ML. Which means they are promoting the fact that it is nothing like the previous ML except that it is called an ML.[V]

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
Trick of the week.

Try to remove it without breaking any of the two tabs. You can't go forward because the clip-on won't fit through the left opening. Try and go backwards and the thick bezeled front won't fit back through the left circular opening. They made sure it would stay in place but what message are they sending? Hmmm...not a good ploy for the anal retentive lads out there like myself.[:(!]

·
Registered
2009 ML550
866 Posts
Got mine today also along with

a letter from the stealership for a "tech day" in which they will go over my ML at no cost and even take a test drive and then tell me what needs to be fixed and how much it will cost.

How very nice of them to fix things I DON'T EVEN REALIZE ARE BROKEN and give me a FREE estimate.

I am so glad that MB is looking our for MY best interest.......

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
dont get too excited. this pencil sucks. just try writing with it; if you can keep the metal tip from falling off every 5 minutes. [xx(]

·
Registered
03 ML500
789 Posts
RE: Trick of the week.

LOCHS 2 - 4/20/2005 10:26 PM

Try to remove it without breaking any of the two tabs. You can't go forward because the clip-on won't fit through the left opening. Try and go backwards and the thick bezeled front won't fit back through the left circular opening. They made sure it would stay in place but what message are they sending? Hmmm...not a good ploy for the anal retentive lads out there like myself.[:(!]
Move pen to left side. Fold right tab down. Move pen to right. Done. No tabs broken.
Who cares anyway.[;)]
Pen sucks? Who cares, so does the truck.[:eek:)]

·
Registered
01 ML430, 03 C320 Coupe MT, 14 GL450
952 Posts
RE: Got mine today also along with

Stewart - 4/20/2005 11:53 PM

a letter from the stealership for a "tech day" in which they will go over my ML at no cost and even take a test drive and then tell me what needs to be fixed and how much it will cost.

How very nice of them to fix things I DON'T EVEN REALIZE ARE BROKEN and give me a FREE estimate.

I am so glad that MB is looking our for MY best interest.......
It's not MB, it's your dealer trying to drum up more business. OTOH, they may find something that costs $100 to fix now or $3000 to fix later. If my dealer did something like that, I'd probably take them up on it - you don't HAVE to have the problems fixed that they find...

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
sosh - 4/20/2005 8:34 PM

Yup I got the same items as you did but I am not buying a W164. I am opting for a E500 4matic sedan and keep My W163 since the resale value is in the pits... even though my ML430 is in top shape. My wife will sell her W163 for a Lexus GX470..

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
You win

BETO - 4/20/2005 12:58 AM

LOCHS 2 - 4/20/2005 10:26 PM

Move pen to left side. Fold right tab down. Move pen to right. Done. No tabs broken.
Who cares anyway.[;)]
Pen sucks? Who cares, so does the truck.[:eek:)]
the award for the most patience and meticulous attention to detail.

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
RE: Got mine today also along with

dont be fooled... free estimate doesnt mean much. theyll hide most of the major problems until your warranty runs out anyway

Stewart - 4/20/2005 11:53 PMI am so glad that MB is looking our for MY best interest.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts