Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300 tdt
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a month of trouble free driving the lights of my guage cluster have sputtered and died. This included the back lights for enviroment controls and gear selector. Of course I need to check the fuse but I'm not sure that is the problem. The first sign of trouble was no lights on Monday, then lights back on Tues., lights flickering on Weds., No lights after that.
Could it be a loose ground somewhere?
This is on a '82 300td wagon.

Has anyone had a problem like this?

All the best!

Paul[:)]

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,181 Posts
We all have, or will....

please do a search, i bet its teh dimmer pot...

jake

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
Yeah, try jiggling the dimmer control. Sometimes when you reset the trip meter, you can accidently turn off the lights since they are the same switch.

Len

·
Registered
1984 300CD
2,694 Posts
Sounds like the fuse...[:D]...I don't think the dimmer shuts off the light to the switches.[8D]

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Techdog - 2/14/2005 5:57 AM

After a month of trouble free driving the lights of my guage cluster have sputtered and died. This included the back lights for enviroment controls and gear selector. Of course I need to check the fuse but I'm not sure that is the problem. The first sign of trouble was no lights on Monday, then lights back on Tues., lights flickering on Weds., No lights after that.
Could it be a loose ground somewhere?
This is on a '82 300td wagon.

Has anyone had a problem like this?

All the best!

Paul[:)]
Paul, you say the gear selector lights are also out? The dimmerswitch should only dim all instrument lights except the gear selector ones, so chances are it's the fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts