·
Registered
S430
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
paulhdick - 1/26/2005 7:52 PM

Hi Mik,

Hey, are you back in the US, yet??

The pinouts used by the CP device are nearly identical to the PSE. The differences are the CP device now reads Pin 6 (RTS) and Pin 8 (CTS) on the phone(s). Also, the 10-pin mapping is all differnt expcept for RX and TX .... everything else is 1 for 1. Remember the CP cradle and compensator are the only things they were selling ($800 I think) besides the phone for installs. They may be doing something weird in the cradle to make sure only that cradle works, and not just an adpater cable, but I hope not. I created a spreadsheet of the pin mapping if you are interested.

I updated the Telephone Tech Manual to version 4.6 on my website. It has the 2004 CP and 2005 MHI wiring diagrams. You can get to it by seleting the "Integrated Phones" page then "Misc Phone Info". See what you make of it, but I think the CP is virtually the same as the PSE. The MHI is way different, though .......

Paul[:p]
I'm still looking for a solution that provides me with GSM and tele-aid on CP-High. Has anyone solved the mystery of whether the new phone can work with CP-High, or why CP-high tele-aid won't work with the MHI unit?[?]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well here is an interesting piece of information: Today I hooked up a Mercedes V600 phone to a CL that was equipped with a V60 PSE (682-0845), using a Motorola hang up cup. Guess what, it synced to the car and I was able to place outgoing calls (no mikbox involved). However, incoming calls didn't activate the speaker (only when opening and closing the flip), and there was no access to phonebooks, and the caller id wasn't working. So I guess the theory has proven that the phone identifies itself just like the V60 does. My guess is it would work with the CP High, if you can get the circuit board out of the V60 cradle and put it into a V600 hang up or build something similar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts