Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'80 230G SWB, '03 G500, '80 280GE LWB (sold), '98 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (sold)
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've currently moved to the Caribbean island of Nevis in the West Indies for the next 2 years or so (without my G, although I still intend to modify it while vacationing at my parents house in CHicago every couple of months). I was wondering if any of the members here lived on either Nevis or St. Kitts, as I've already seen one Red 460 drive past on the road. Keep in mind this is a 30sq mi. island of roughly 10,000 inhabitants, so I'm bound to run into the owner again some time. Just curious if that owner watched the board.

·
Registered
1984 280GE Cabrio
255 Posts
Do not use "foul" language on Nevis. You can be arrested! Also if you like cheese and other dairy products take it with you or find someone willing to ship to you.[:)]

·
Registered
'80 230G SWB, '03 G500, '80 280GE LWB (sold), '98 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (sold)
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOl, thanks Steve... I'm pretty familiar with the customs here though. The use of profanity is much like any other law elsewhere in the world- everyone breaks them, but don't get caught by the police, or in this case one of the 100 constables on the island. If you walk into any one of the local bars on the island you'll find all kinds of "crimes" occurring. The tourist areas around Charlestown are about 20 minutes away from me.

I was completely taken by surprise when I saw the 460 cruising down the road, and it was such a good feeling. I have been feeling a bit of the landrover bug while down here due to the lack of decent 4x4s. Public Works drives around in white D110's in order to get to remote utility poles and such, and there are bountiful amounts of Japanese suvs, but seeing a G made my week. I am contemplating doing a late 80's sammy buildup since parts are available and it shares similar lines with my truck in the states...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts