Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1989 300GD SWB
84 Posts
Would that one be driven 'The BRIXMIS' way like you showed me yesterday[:D]
If anybody ever wants to see an automatic G really go fast I recommend a trip with 4x4rancher, I still have wobbly knees[:0]
Still not sure what you did, cant seem to replicate the speed[:(!]

·
Registered
'82 300 GD Cab STT ('02 G270CDi/'85 300 GD SWB)
473 Posts
Considering how the viechle is outfitted it looks very much like the 290 GDs the Norwegian Army uses in Afgahnistan. The uniforms also seems norwegian, althought not 100% sure about that.

·
Registered
230 G BGS 300G TDI
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has a NATO hitch and NATO jerry cans looks like Norwegian DP Combats. but the gpm looks like a browning.
The wheel curtains are an SAS mod to keep dust down by altering the air flow, but that could have been passed on.
I,m sure its Afghanistan
But nice to see a wolf at work.

KASHI: you mean using the Auto box as a sequential its the only way to make a quick get away with a G auto. the 280 engine loved it.
Show you some more next visit. your rad and water pump are ready.

·
Registered
2000 G500, Blue
115 Posts
The guy on the right has an H&K G36K, so there is little doubt this is a Norweign outfit. The Baj Baj yellow three wheel taxi car thing to the left of the G means it has to be Afghanistan because that is the only place a Baj Baj and Western troopes would be together.

·
Registered
'86 280GE LWB
18 Posts
4x4rancher - 3/15/2005 7:13 PM

using the Auto box as a sequential its the only way to make a quick get away with a G auto. the 280 engine loved it.
Show you some more next visit. your rad and water pump are ready.
Could I get more information on this? lots more perhaps? I would like to make a quick get away with my 280?

·
Registered
230 G BGS 300G TDI
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luminox, well spotted, you go to the top of the class doesn't that H&K look like an SA 80 with the DP on it, still cant make the gimpy tho.
Yep it has to be Snorwegians.

Bull Dog, I will try to write it up next time I take Kashi for training, and when I cross the pond we can take a spin.

·
Registered
2003 C320WZ
33 Posts
More from HKPRO.com

"German KSK soldier with hot little setup for patrolling the streets of Kandahar, Afghanistan. Mercedes Benz "Wolf," MG3 to the front and Bushnell Holosighted G36K decked out in camo with Beta C Mag. He even has bipod installed. Ready to rock, and totally color coordinated with the vehicle, uniform and gun! Martha Stewart could not hang with this crew! From "Der Spiegel" 05/13/02."

·
Registered
240GD ex mil
41 Posts
I think they are german crew. Looks like they have a small flag on their left arm. It is not norwegian. It is missing numberplates.

The norwegian G's have not these types of rear lamps. They have the round bucket type backlights.

Torfinn

·
Registered
2000 G300 TD
466 Posts
I am not normally a gun man, but those HKs are sweet. I would love to have an HK sniping rifle. Alas I don't think owning a gun in this country is really much of an option.

By the way does that pic of the G not look odd for some reason?

·
Registered
2000 G300 TD
466 Posts
4x4rancher - 3/18/2005 8:20 PM

Odd in what way Max? its a wolf
Is a Wolf not a G? Guess I've not seen that variant before.

But the fact that it is neither a SWB nor a LWB for starters. The long space behind the front doors just throws me, plus the fact that it seems quite low?

Also seems narrow - at least the back door does.

·
Registered
'91 G300D SWB Manual, '99 ML320 7 seater
827 Posts
Maxwell Smart - 3/18/2005 10:52 PM

4x4rancher - 3/18/2005 8:20 PM

Odd in what way Max? its a wolf

But the fact that it is neither a SWB nor a LWB for starters. The long space behind the front doors just throws me, plus the fact that it seems quite low?

It is a LWB soft-top (with foldable windscreen, as defined in The legend keeps on driving), standard military spec in this respect.

It might drive low because of the weight, i.e. it might be half armoured.

As for the rear door, you are right, it is narrower than the cicilian version but also typical of the military one.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1987 280GE
352 Posts

WOLF is just the name at the German Army for the Gs ... all tactical vehicles there have animal-names ...

Greetings, Arnd!

·
Registered
280 GE / 1980
458 Posts
mortinson - 3/18/2005 12:08 AM

It is a LWB soft-top (with foldable windscreen, as defined in The legend keeps on driving), standard military spec in this respect.

It might drive low because of the weight, i.e. it might be half armoured.

As for the rear door, you are right, it is narrower than the cicilian version but also typical of the military one.

Cheers
A convertible LWB , I wish I could lay my hands on one of them . [:p]

ReG ,

Shebl.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts