Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been in contact with NRauto regarding purchasing a Lorinser style kit from them and upon doing so have found another member looking to buy the same kit. I'm posting this to see if there is any interest in a Group Buy for this kit, or even just pieces of it. I'm only going to be purchasing the Front and Rear Bumpers myself but they have the fenders, bumpers, skirts and spoiler available.

Now, I haven't worked out the specifics of this yet, I am simply seeing if there is enough interest to warrant the effort. If you are interested please just post and let me know what you would be interested in purchasing and if we get enough people I can work numbers with the company.

The website is NR Auto Mercedes Body Kits Body

·
Registered
'06 CLS500 '01 CLK320, '84 300D
531 Posts
I am WITHOUT A DOUBT in for front & rear bumpers. Possibly for sides as well, but depends on price because i'm not so fond of them. I can't deal with the fiberglas one I have now... NYC streets too harsh on it, i need something more flexible... FRP would be perfect....

This is the kit I wanted originally anyway...

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
1,131 Posts
if you are into a cleaner look than lorinser is for you..

while i think the carlsson looks amazing on some cars.. it aint for me.. so i never took the plunge and got one..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll post an update tonight, I've been at work all day so haven't had time to check on anything. Looks like some pretty good interest though.

·
Registered
2003 CLK500
324 Posts
in general and that site. I just dont feel like changing t he whole bumper plus fog lights and i dont wanna spend that much on a bumper only.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright guys P_988 sent me this message:

I have contacted Neil and discussed with him the group buy and this is what he told me:

Front bumper with fogs - $950 minimum 5 buyers

Whole L-style kit without fenders - $1249 min. 3 buyers

Whole L-style kit with fenders - $1749 min 3 buyers

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Alright guys P_988 sent me this message:

I have contacted Neil and discussed with him the group buy and this is what he told me:

Front bumper with fogs - $950 minimum 5 buyers

Whole L-style kit without fenders - $1249 min. 3 buyers

Whole L-style kit with fenders - $1749 min 3 buyers

Let me know what you guys think.
Too much for front alone. Does he mean to tell us that the rear and sides cost only $300 more? That's rediculous.... I'd even go as far to say that MORE materials and molding go into making the sides and rear than just the front.

I'd think at $600 for the front you'd have more interest....

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
just get the whole kit!

at 1249 for the whole kit, its not a bad price......plus lorinser front + AMG sides/rear or 320 sides/rear prob wont work well neway...

·
Registered
531 Posts
just get the whole kit!

at 1249 for the whole kit, its not a bad price......plus lorinser front + AMG sides/rear or 320 sides/rear prob wont work well neway...
not a bad price is relative how much you have to spend and the looks are matter of opinion.... besides, the carlsson one looks great with stock sides and rear

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
not a bad price is relative how much you have to spend and the looks are matter of opinion.... besides, the carlsson one looks great with stock sides and rear
ya the carlsson flows wit the stock kit...but i dono bout the lorinser..cud b wrong tho...im sure ppl have done it n theres pics sumwhere

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I actually pretty much agree with everyone's comments haha.

He said he can't give a good discount on just the bumper alone for some reason. He didn't state why though. I was hoping for something more along the lines of $600 - $700 myself.

Now, the discount on the whole kit isn't a bad price, but it just depends on if you want to drop that kind of money.

·
Registered
2000 clk430
48 Posts
at first i was really diggin this bumper but......the more i look at clkman's ride i wanna get the carlsson bumper. this kit would definately hang closer to the ground, right?? so would i have problems with lowering my car?? plus im thinking this bumper wouldnt look right without the whole kit, or at least the sideskirts and the carlsson looks good with stock sideskirts.....im confused.. i cant make up my mind

1 - 20 of 45 Posts