Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 300 se
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have owned my 91 300 SE benz for one year now and can't figure out what is happening here so please, feel free to offer feedback on this issue.

every morning i back up out of my driveway. after i step on the brakes and put her in drive, there is a groan from the back end. i have wondered if it was the rear brakes or something in the tranny. i have put the car in neutral with no groan and then, into drive with a groan. on subsequent back-ups to drive during the day, no noise. i am not a DIY person but i do like to know what could be going on and to be an informed consumer. thanks. chiclet

·
Mercedes
9,046 Posts
How are the rear brake pads? Also, do you know if the rear flex disk is in good shape? The flex disk is a rubber circular item at the end of the drive shaft.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
MB's are kind of known to groan a bit..usually it's the brakes. Your best bet is to have a thorough inspection of the car by whom ever your trusted MB mechanic is.

How many miles on the car? What has been serviced on the rear end of this car, what has not?

Jonathan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts