Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go again, I noticed that the bottom grill (the black part on the bottom of the sports model, not sure what its actually called) has a big hole in it, undoubtedly from the highway driving yet again. How much to replace this thing? Just sticking my hand on it, it feels like flimsy plastic, no wonder it got broken. Anyone else feel that this grill thing looks good but is flimsy as heck?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Here we go again, I noticed that the bottom grill (the black part on the bottom of the sports model, not sure what its actually called) has a big hole in it, undoubtedly from the highway driving yet again. How much to replace this thing? Just sticking my hand on it, it feels like flimsy plastic, no wonder it got broken. Anyone else feel that this grill thing looks good but is flimsy as heck?
Yah, it's plastic !
Aren't you the same guy who got a crack on the windshield? I feel your pain. Sorry for all your misfortunes...:crybaby2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, it's plastic !
Aren't you the same guy who got a crack on the windshield? I feel your pain. Sorry for all your misfortunes...:crybaby2:
Yep thats me :mad:I swear this car, as much as I love it, feels like its cursed. I went to the Benz service center and the guy told me its called an air dam, to regulate flow in front of the radiator. I don't know how I did this, but I have a feeling it was because of those cement blocks that some parking lots have in front of the space. I think what happened was there must have been a screw or something jutting out and it poked through. So this time it must have been my fault, but still could have been a rock on the highway. Anyways, the good news, if there is any, is that the frame/bumper is fine, its just the plastic part that needs to be replaced. 79 dollars plus labour (about 80). I thought it was going to be like 500 based on my Google searches. Probably everyone here is better at parking than me, but I was not used to everything being so low, just hope everyone is careful with those cement blocks.

·
Registered
C320 4matic
1,743 Posts
I never pull all the way up when parking for that reason. My previous car was lower than my current one.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Yep thats me :mad:I swear this car, as much as I love it, feels like its cursed.. . .
Have you tried bringing your car to a witch doctor ? Just kidding...On a serious note, why not try parking backwards ? (or maybe that will even be worst..):)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried bringing your car to a witch doctor ? Just kidding...On a serious note, why not try parking backwards ? (or maybe that will even be worst..):)
I don't mind parking backwards except the space was quite narrow and so probably it would have been harder to get in. Next time if I see one of those concrete bricks I'm not parking there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts