Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
02 ML320
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had some time over the weekend to paint my grill.Turned out pretty good.I'll like your opinions if I should paint the lower grill also?

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
I always liked the look of the top and bottom grill in silver... looks sharp... mine gets done in a couple weeks [:)]

·
Registered
2002 ML320, 2013 GL450
416 Posts
looks great - think you should also paint the lower grill. Can't tell if it is silver or chrome...

Please provide details on the process.

thanks,
maneesh

·
Registered
02 ML320
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used a honda silver from Canadian Tire.First thing I did was wash the grill with soap and water.Then I gave it 3 coats of white primer.Waiting 20mins with blow drying in between coats.Then I sprayed 3 coats of the honda silver and waiting 30mins between layers.Also blow drying it between coats(I'm very impatient).To finish it 3 layers of clear coat was sprayed.Also same procedure as the primer coatings.I'll probably do the lower grill this afternoon

·
Registered
02 ML320
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RE: Looks really great - So, now all I have to do is ship mine to you for similar cosmetic treatment

Darkmann - 3/14/2005 5:41 PM
I would be happy to help out a fellow Benzworld member[:D]

·
Registered
1999 ML 320
346 Posts
thanks alot!
ive always wondered how my baby would look with a silver grill.

looks great!!!!!!!!

thats a silver and not a chrome right?

the flat non-honeycombed parts of the grill look almost brushed aluminum-like?

you didnt do anything special to it? just sprayed the primer / paint / clear ? sorry...i have alot of questions...:p

·
Registered
02 ML320
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing special was done.It looks like brushed aluminum cause I have chrome strips on the grill.If you want the actual silver paint name I'll post it tommorow.If I haven't thrown out the can

1 - 9 of 9 Posts