Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am going to look at a 110 cdi Vito tomorrow :). It's a 2000 with 200,000km approx 125,000miles on the clock. What are the known problem areas on these? Do they suffer egr valve/turbo problems? Any help would be appreciated :bowdown: Where is the diagnostic socket?

Shame BMW don't make a van :D

Ps Where is the diagnostic socket?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to ask about towbars, are they easy to fit, which ones do people recommend?

·
Registered
1999 108CDI
371 Posts
Main problem in Europe and UK appears to be rust, so check closely for patched bodywork. Also, read "black death" threads- this is a common problem due to poor design. Diagnostic socket should be at front of LHS front seat base. Don't buy anything without a well documented service history- these vans are great if well maintained, and expensive to put right otherwise. I can't help with towbar advice, coz I'm in Oz:), but any purpose made one should fit up relatively easily. Try to obtain service schedule from google and ensure the vehicle's history shows that scheduled servicing has been done.

·
Registered
45 Posts
checks

i would vigourously road test it with the blowers on all the time any smells burnt oil, exhaust fumes,in the car through the blower is a problem can be a big one so watch out if it has air suspension this can also give you problems as can all things electrical so try and test it in the wet whilst checking the wires between the door panels for breaks central locking service history i would have to also the same as jimmy j dont just look through a book as you can buy them of ebay you want receipts or something you can check your self if you can on the road test take it to a mercedes mechanic with all the diagnostic gear and pay to have it checked out may cost some money but at least you will cover some of the bases good luck as these vans really drive well hencethe reason so many people put up with there foybles other than that spend time to read through the bloggs here i found the advice invaluable it has really helped me out

·
Registered
300TDT(W123), E220(W124), Vito110CDI(W638), E240(W210), ML270Cdi(W163)
11 Posts
110CDI issues

I have a 110 cdi Vito since 2001 with around 130k on the clock. I never had EGR valve nor turbo problems nor smoke which is unlike my younger ML270cdi that blows black smoke during pulls. Engine performance has been great. The problems I had in its 9 years with me are #1 - auto transmission, #2 - Airconditioning, #3 - electronics/electrics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 110cdi was a complete wreck, in the end I found 108cdi 2003 with 240,000kms full Mercedes Benz service history:thumbsup: Still needs a little tidying to get to the standard I want, but a good base to start with. Pics to follow...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts