Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 E55 & 2002 S500
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got into my E500 today and under the light switch there are two little symbols for the fog lights one on the left and one on the right. The right one is always lit up with a green glow. Even when the car is off its always on.

When i turn on the fog lights they glow yellow/orange colour. Does anyone know why its green and on 24.7 has never been on before until today.

Thanks

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,111 Posts
The green light indicates front foglights on and the orange light means rear foglight on too.

Push the switch toward the dash to turn them off, and then if lights remain on you likely have a defective switch.

·
Registered
2005 E55 & 2002 S500
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the front fog light is off when the green light is on so i guess the switch is faulty.

·
Registered
2005 E55 & 2002 S500
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine doesnt have rear fogs either. In Australia! so i guess its the same as the US version.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,135 Posts
Even my 99 ML has the one sided light on the rear when the switch is activated.

·
Registered
2007 E550 4Matic P2,Pano,Voice,Park,Trunk,Fold Seats, Black/Ash;;; 1989 560SL (sold 11/1/10)
292 Posts
Just curious if MB mysteriously stopped including owner's manuals with these cars...

·
Registered
2006 Merc E320 cdi
981 Posts
Just to relieve some of the mystery all Mercedes models have the rear fog light..
Where is it you ask???? It is located inside of the rear taillight housing on the driver's side (US). Easiest way to see it is to have somebody turn it off and on and see the difference. The fog light does exist but it is not very bright (and red) for obvious reasons not to blind the person behind you..

·
Registered
2005 E55 & 2002 S500
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fair enough about the rear foglight, anyway back to the original topic, the light indicator for front fogs has been on for 1 week now 24/7 even thought the fogs are off and car is not running. I booked my car in yesterday with mercedes benz to have it checked out and when i went to my car today the green light was off and everything was working as normal. Dont you love when that happens.

·
Registered
06 E350 4matic -- 98 E38 740i
215 Posts
i get the orange light too if i pull the light knob so i guess thats my rear fogs, i never actually got out and looked, i will next time..... and thats weird how your on board computer didn't pick that light being on for 1 week hopefully it wasn't draining your battery

·
Registered
2005 E55 & 2002 S500
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i get the orange light too if i pull the light knob so i guess thats my rear fogs, i never actually got out and looked, i will next time..... and thats weird how your on board computer didn't pick that light being on for 1 week hopefully it wasn't draining your battery
im confident it was draining my battery.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts