Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This light started appearing for the first time , cannot find it listed anywhere.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
On a motorcycle, a green light means you're in neutral :D

no idea. never seen an indicator light in a car without an icon over it.

I looked up in the ISPPI parts catalog, the instrument panels for a 124.031, and it shows about 13 variants for the right hand indicator light strip overlay, the only thing ever in that position is the glowplug light for a diesel (which a 124.031 obviously isn't)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for your response .

It's a bit of a mystery especially without the icon .I'm working on the basis that it is for information rather than warning - at least it is not red ! . I'll keep searching.

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
It's always interesting to see cars (or parts of cars) from other markets. There are a lot of Australian members on a fb Chrysler products page I frequent and those Aussie market Dodge Phoenix models of the 1960s freak me out since we know those cars as the Plymouth Fury.

Anyway, I wonder why the speedometer is hatched in the 50-60 km/h range. No idea what that green indicator is for. IIRC that spot is occupied by the amber Check Engine light on US market cars.

Have you looked at the owner's manual?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you looked at the owner's manual?[/QUOTE]

That's the first place I looked.

60kph (or less) is max speed on most suburban roads in Australia. !

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Just an observation, with the engine at operating temperature, the economy gauge being in the middle of its range indicates a problem. Its possible your green light is related to the problem. Why not have a mechanic check out the car.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just an observation, with the engine at operating temperature, the economy gauge being in the middle of its range indicates a problem. Its possible your green light is related to the problem. Why not have a mechanic check out the car.
Spot on, that looks like CEL(Check Engine) light found in late model W124. You need to read error code, mostly vacuum leak or extra load on engine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spot on, that looks like CEL(Check Engine) light found in late model W124. You need to read error code, mostly vacuum leak or extra load on engine.

Many thanks for all your replies , have identified the problem.

It's a seat belt light that has never come on before !

Engine is running fine no fault codes or vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In my 86, it lights up together with the turn signal on the trailer. It is basically an indication of the trailer turn signal is drawing current and working. It came with a factory installed trailer hitch.

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
huh, oddly, I don't think there's a seat belt light in any of our 3 W124's, yet most all cars here in the USA have them... there's the annoying seat belt buzzer, just no light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
sbaert
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing