Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
W204 C350 2008
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from a trip from Bremerton to Portland OR, then to Astoria OR. Leg one was the same boring highway we always take so I let my wife drive.
Then the fun began
We left North East Portland and wanted to take the Scenic Highway 26 but because we were north, the MB GPS sent us across the St John's bridge and then instructed us to take the NW Germantown road thru Forest Park. It was late afternoon on Sunday and the road was mostly deserted. I had lashed the luggage down in the boot before we left so I was able to do some sprited driving even though I had not been on this road before. My c350 was fantastic! Attacking the corners and willfully pulling hard from Apex to next braking zone. I didnt even mind the vague steering as there was plenty of feedback as the tires fought for grip.
The road is tight enough that one does not need to exceed the posted speed limit to feel like you are pushing the car. Wink wink!
Check it out on google maps if you are in the Pacific Northwest go and drive it!

· Registered
2009 C300
2 Posts
More great roads

Glad to hear about Germantown Rd. We are in SW, but have property off of Skyline and that will be close when we build. Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup:

For all on the west coast, if you haven't yet, take 2 or 3 days and drive 1 from San Diego to at least San Francisco--farther north if you can. I used to drive a lot all over the country and that is still, by far, the best drive I have ever been on in the US.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.