Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now entering the second week of ownership of my 1977 450SEL 6.9 and the fun has begun! I absolutely love driving such a quality machine, but not surprisingly there are a few issues that will require repairs.

I grew up in the automotive industry as my father started the first full service car wash in Springfield, MA in 1961. In addition to the car wash and detailing components we also sold gas and diesel, used cars, washed out tractor trailers, repaired vehicles and parked cars. It was not uncommon to have Jags, Benzs, and Rolls come through our facility. Most of my prior vehicles were chosen for their speed and I never thought I would be able to combine luxury, performance and power until now. I love this car.

So, I am learning about my new acquisition - love the hydropneumatic suspension - and am doing as much of the work as I can do at home. I would love to hear from anyone who has one of these examples of automotive excellence - how you found it, how long you have owned it, top speed, repair issues, etc.

Thank you and drive safe - Carole

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Love 6.9s. They're what got me into benz. Top speed should be about 155 from what i've read. We'd love to see pictures. Welcome.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 3 of 3 Posts