Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have an aftermarket head unit in your SLK that has only 2V pre-outs or even 4V pre-outs I just found the perfect thing to make the most out of your Bose amplifier. It is adjustable up to 7.5V pre-out boost and is supposed to be of highest quality. I will be using this in conjuction with my Alpine iDA-X001 and I'll let you know how it works out.

JL Audio: Products

BTW I found them on eBay pretty cheap! $45.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you haven't got the deck yet, you might wanna look at the newer models that just became available (Alpine iDA-X100, 200, or 300). Alpine received a lot of complaints about the X001, so they fixed a lot of stuffs (now the enter button is in the center, and the entire faceplate can be detached) on these new decks, and they look nice too. I just put in a X300 yesterday as a gift, man it looks nice in our cars, especially with the X300's red button lights (it is supposed to be the low end model). If you want the same LCD screen on the X001, get X100 Alpine iDA-X100 Digital media receiver with built-in iPod® connection at Crutchfield.com (the top of the line model) for $349, but resellers won't be seeing the X100 until next month (they 've already got 200 or 100 in stock).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I really wanted that X100, but I had the opportunity to get the X001 for only $79.99 at Best Buy so I couldn't pass it. I still have it new in the box and am just waiting for the time to install it. At that price I can live with a few minor inconveniences. Also, it can be switched to red background. All I really want is the iPod control which it provides. Plus I bought the Bluetooth adapter for $100 off craigslist.

I also got a Dual 6845 head unit with usb and hd radio for $29.99. That's for my beater. Got the BT adapter for that for only $9.99. Yesterday I got an Alpine Basslink for $59.99 NIB. Best Buy has been having some major clearances at certain stores, I've been to over 6 Best Buys in the last 2 weeks to get them all.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Unfortunately, this is exactly backwards for replacing the head unit.

To install most aftermarket head units in the Bose system, you want an adapter with unbalanced inputs and balanced differential outputs.

·
Registered
937 Posts
By coincidence, I just ran across this device as well. It is one of the few devices out there with balanced outputs, a perfect match for the Bose inputs. I'm guessing it's not cheap, but it looks on paper to be a good choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts