Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Scott here from Christchurch, New Zealand. Just want to say that I've really impressed with the service and expertise from the guys at Southern Cross Collision Repair in Halswell, Christchurch.

I was having some issues with a another repairer when a friend told me about them. So I took my SL280 in and they put on their "Star Diagnostics Multiplexer". I didn't have a clue what is was but they explain everything to me and showed me pretty quickly what was wrong with my car and why.

Long story short they gave me a replacement Merc while mine was quickly repaired. How cool is that?

I'm taking my car back to them in a few weeks to get some paint work done, they've advised me they only use water borne paints which apparently is the Mercedes warranty standard. (Something the other repairer never told me or didn't do!)

All in all a great 5 star experience, which is why I wanted to let you know about them here. Thanks Southern Cross Collision Repair you made me a raving fan.

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Autotek performance centre is good as well.
I got my X5 both front outer cv boots replaced last week for $337 by them. Another indy Kevin Burt Ltd quoted me $485 for one boot, ie over $900 for both!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kevin Burt for Mercedes service

I hear that Kevin Burt at St Asaph St, is good for MB work, plus he is good value.
Has anyone else got feedback ?
I would appreciate any news.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Real professionals Autotek Automotive Solution ChCh

Following SbjKmtce's recommendation I took my C180 Kompressor to check and repair SRS warning on the dashboard display.

A few days earlier, Armstrong Prestige the MB dealer in ChCh replaced the fuel pump costing $2100. When I went to pick my car up the car Instrument cluster was not working and they wanted to order a new Instrument cluster.

This never happened before. I was very upset. They agreed to check it but next day Instrument cluster started to work automatically but with SRS warning ( which never happened before as well).

They wanted to repair It but I was so angry and disappointed did not want MB dealer to do anything with my car. I do not think MB dealer wants to rip customers off intentionally but I find the technical staff is incompetent. (They lack the lateral thinking, heavily rely on OBD error codes to find faults).

Being a professional engineer ( civil) I was curious to see what was wrong. Instrument cluster did not work as the rail to rail voltage in the can_bus system was too low ( this is due to many people trying to start the car after it stopped after fuel pump failure, so low battery Voltage).

I was however not able to find the SRS problem. Then I found Autoteck from this forum, They found what was wrong with it in a few hours and fixed it only for $165. I take my hat off to the the Autoteck staff for their professionalism.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hear that Kevin Burt at St Asaph St, is good for MB work, plus he is good value.
Has anyone else got feedback ?
I would appreciate any news.
Hi,
Yes. He's been the longest running independent MB fixer in Christchurch. It's where all mine and my family's have gone!

Olive3r

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice guy but Very expensive and not overly helpful. Charged $225 just to download and clear codes,(takes about 7 min) wasnt interested in any further advice unless I got him to fix the car completely.
Had he have said $50 or bring in some beer or something more realistic I would have used him again

I have my Own SDS but it was slightly broken (after being dropped) and what he didnt know was I run around 18 Mercs and would have used him alot more had he not been so greedy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where to go?

I'm new to Mercs and recently got myself an AMG C32. It's a great car, but as I find my way around it, looking for the best guys to go visit for repairs and servicing. In Google, both Armstrong Prestige and Kevin Burt get pretty poor reviews. I can find no reference to Autotek Performance Centre in chch.

Any advice?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good to read. But I am in Invercargill. Just bought an 06 E350 with 11,300km on it when I bought it. Hope I do not need a repairer for a while!

Robin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts