Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, this one has been in the theaters for a while, but I HIGHLY recommend you see it.

Ford v Ferrari

True story and the ending is fascinating how it develops. Great acting and amazing camerawork.

Don't miss it on the big screen !!

·
Registered
2000 E 320 Wagon + 2002 ML 500 SUV
984 Posts
Great suggestion Springer.

My son & I should go see that asap.

Hopefully it's still in our theaters...

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
931 Posts
Still in the main theaters here, since it is up for an Oscar. Saw it with my daughter. "She was like that was almost a three hour movie, didn't feel like it".

I explained to her you got to put it in the context of the sixties, Arms race, moon race, baby boom explosion, and this a race by Ford to overtake the grip Europe had on racing.

Unless you have a very big TV screen you must see it in the theater. I want to see it again with my wife and eldest daughter (mech engineer). We just got a screen x theater, where it is shown on the sides of the theater, don't know if I can take that watching it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Still in the main theaters here, since it is up for an Oscar. Saw it with my daughter. "She was like that was almost a three hour movie, didn't feel like it".

I explained to her you got to put it in the context of the sixties, Arms race, moon race, baby boom explosion, and this a race by Ford to overtake the grip Europe had on racing.

Unless you have a very big TV screen you must see it in the theater. I want to see it again with my wife and eldest daughter (mech engineer). We just got a screen x theater, where it is shown on the sides of the theater, don't know if I can take that watching it.
Then I've gotta see it.

I enjoy racing films like Le Mans (Steve McQueen) and his 'car flick' "Bullit".

Also, the Documentary "Against All Odds" about Datsuns racing triumph campaign with the Iconic 510 in the Trans-Am series vs BMW, Alfa Romeo, etc is a personal favorite too.

So yes thanks for the reminder I saw previews but forgot it was playing now !

David

·
Registered
2001 ML430
464 Posts
I brought a lady friend of mine with my parents and saw it on opening night. My mother, although married to a racer for over 55 years could give a crap about racing movies, or racing in general. The only reason she came was to meet the lady I brought, who was also not into cars.

To say they loved it was an understatement. My date was crying at times and on the edge of her seat and cheering others. Mom was biting her nails and almost as emotional. Dad and I both thoroughly enjoyed it.

Side note, but related. My dad grew up in Southern California in this era and raced sports cars against many of those mentioned in the movie. Riverside was his home track when he was racing a Jaguar XK140. He also pit crewed for other teams when he was not racing. This movie brought back so many great memories for him of the people and a different time for racing.

I have pre-ordered the Blu-ray of this and it will slide on the shelf next to LeMans and Dust To Glory.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
931 Posts
Porchescum
Your families’ reaction is exactly why I want to go again talking my wife and daughter who have not seen it. I more so want to experience their reaction to it!

I also shared your post with my daughter that I saw it with. She loved your post!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Not in our local theaters now.
Guess I'll rent or buy it...

·
Registered
2001 ML430
464 Posts
Just bought it last night at Target. $25 but worth every penny. A must for car guys and a movie that non car people will love as well.

If you love cars, pay attention to when they walk into the Ferrari factory. The shot where they are in the warehouse filled with exotic Ferrari race cars is REAL. The actors commented how it took their breath away to be working along side many millions of dollars of REAL Ferrari race cars, not props.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts