Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were strolling on Madison Ave this Saturday and there was a beautiful black 500 illegally parked around the mid-60's. Walking by I looked back and there was a sign in the windshield explaining the rationale for the illegal spot:

"CLERGY - OFFICIAL BUSINESS"

[:D]

·
Registered
'05 G55K - Stolen; '87 560SL - Sold
469 Posts
Must be the new Pope mobile .... [:D]

I walked my dog in Central Park today, and on the way home crossed pathes with a Black G55K on 8th Ave and 58th St .... First one I have seen in the 'wild' actually moving. Not as loud as I thought it would be, until he gave it some gas [:p].

I didn't notice it was a K until after I passed it. Otherwise, I would have asked for a ride!

·
Registered
TJs, FJ40s, JGCs, G500
2,343 Posts
the new Pope used a LandRover yesterday. Must be that the new G is not ready yet. A (well founded) rumor has it that Mercedes is building a new custom G one for him. Not replacing the 230GE and the ML430 John Paul used - but adding to the fleet.

Harald

·
Registered
111 & 126
151 Posts
Look at it this way...the bullet proof glass dosn't roll down, therefore he doesn't have to wory about having the windows stuck in the down position!!!

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Bulletproof glass

It is my understanding that the windows in armoured G's, although bulletproof, are still fully functional.

Is this incorrect? Anyone know?

·
Registered
'05 G55K - Stolen; '87 560SL - Sold
469 Posts
Stopped a G55K in the street yesterday ... another black one ... The first owner I have actually spoken to. He told me he loves the power, but hates the noise from the exhaust right below his window.

He told me to save the money and get a G500 if I don't drive a lot on the highway.

I wonder how long it will take before I get shot walking up to all these G's in NYC? [B)]

·
Registered
111 & 126
151 Posts
Brent...I was refering to the small electical problem that seems to plague a few MBUSA Gs, I'M sure the Guard editions have fully functional windows, with beefier mechanisms to lift the extra weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts