Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E500 Sport
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been posting here for a while now and knew it was a great board full of great people, but I never knew how good until recently. My wife just bought a 325i, and I started reading the threads on bimmerforums.com to see how they were. It seems like everybody on there has to blast everyone else for asking a stupid question or making a mod on a car that they don't like. I'm glad to be on here and really appreciate all the help and advice I've gotten. It may be that the 3 series is a younger crowd, but I think it's just Benz owners vs BMW owners. We should all be proud of the community we've got on here, and let's keep it growing.

·
Registered
E500
708 Posts
When I have the ability I always do what I can to help, and others have done the same for me even if it is for my Corvette or Diesel Excursion. I am still learning the MB but have been rebuilding cars for 40 years so the MB is a bit new in the "tools" but the mechanics are sound principles. I will attack my 1st E500 brake job in the next few weeks and the folks from this board and others helped me decide, what pads/rotors to use, how to work on the brake system and how to reset the computer. I agree great bunch of folks and very nice people. :beerchugr: And that includes people all over the world.

Best of luck driving the MB. Jim:)

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I've never looked at any of the BMW forums myself, but I remember quite distinctly that some guy posted that the MB forum members were not nearly as helpful with problems when compared to the BMW owners somewhere else.

·
Registered
2003 E500 Sport
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vettdvr said:
When I have the ability I always do what I can to help, and others have done the same for me even if it is for my Corvette or Diesel Excursion. I am still learning the MB but have been rebuilding cars for 40 years so the MB is a bit new in the "tools" but the mechanics are sound principles. I will attack my 1st E500 brake job in the next few weeks and the folks from this board and others helped me decide, what pads/rotors to use, how to work on the brake system and how to reset the computer. I agree great bunch of folks and very nice people. :beerchugr: And that includes people all over the world.

Best of luck driving the MB. Jim:)
Jim,

I actually just changed the brakes and rotors on '03 e500 this past weekend. There's nothing to it. You can ignore all the worry about SBC. Just keep the doors locked, and don't let anyone near the door or trunk handles. Shoot me a PM or post any questions you might have. I'll be at a trade show this weekend, but I'll try to keep checking the site as much as I can. By the way, if you haven't already purchased your rotors and pads, I bought both from irotors on ebay. I ended up with 4 zinc plated, cross-drilled and slotted rotors, and performance pads for around $400.00. Also, don't forget the 3 wear sensors that need to be replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts