Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from N. CA! I purchased a 190E 2.6 at a charity auction last year. I love this little car! I've been lurking here on BenzWorld for some time, all the while, saving up my questions.

I had a list of questions ranging from important, need to take care of now things, to things stuff that would be nice, but, could wait. Then, over the weekend, something happened that has finally prodded me into introducing myself and asking for some immediate help!

My husband and a younger neighbor friend dove in and replaced the water pump. Most of the job was done when my husband had to leave unexpectedly. He asked our young friend to just leave things as they were until he returned. Being of good heart, this young man decided "Hey! I'll surprise them and just finish the job myself!" :thumbsup:

What was the mistake? Oh......nothing too important....He closed the hood before remembering that the hood release cable was still disconnected :eek:

Husband returns tonight......I considered training my cats to use tools as they might just be the right size to crawl under there and reconnect said cable. No- I don't know why they disconnected it in the first place. I printed out the requisite pages from the shop manual (thank you for that link!) for the job. Don't remember seeing anything about the hood release cable :/ If I had to guess (which is exactly what I'm doing), I say that they took stuff in front of the main fan apart in order to make access to that area easier?

Anyway, dear Benz folks......I thought "Now is the time to get on that forum - if anybody has ever encountered this situation, and knows what the hay bales to do about it, it will be somebody on BenzWorld! Right?

I await with great anticipation a flood of replies that contain an easy fix! :rolleyes: I'd love to have an answer before my husband returns (so would our young friend!)

~g~

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts