Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just bought my first MB its a 2001 ML320 ( I got the ext. warranty). It has a gps system but missing the DVD Maps. Where can I get my hands on a copy of that?

Thank You,

-Yoni

·
Registered
ML320, ML500, S550V4, ML550
423 Posts
if u need a region 1 dvd, i got em, California/Nevada
I believe that up until 2003 the Nav data was on mulltiple region specific CDs, 2003 and later was DVD based.

If it is DVD based, you can get the latest data on one disk (2007.1 I think) from the dealer for about $200. If it is CD based check eBay for people who upgrade to DVD (I did on my 2002 ML500) and sell the Data CDs.

Make sure the data is for the ML Modular Control System (MCS) Nav system used in the US and not the COMAND audio/nav used in other MBs and European MLs.

·
Registered
2001 Ml-320 sport
45 Posts
I believe that up until 2003 the Nav data was on mulltiple region specific CDs, 2003 and later was DVD based.

If it is DVD based, you can get the latest data on one disk (2007.1 I think) from the dealer for about $200. If it is CD based check eBay for people who upgrade to DVD (I did on my 2002 ML500) and sell the Data CDs.

Make sure the data is for the ML Modular Control System (MCS) Nav system used in the US and not the COMAND audio/nav used in other MBs and European MLs.
oops, did not see my typo there, i meant to say cd not dvd, and it is for ML Modular Control Sytem its 2001.1 so i guess thats pretty old

·
Registered
95 E320 (Sold, known as Hi Ho)..1990 300E (sold, known as "the Chariot"..Current
160 Posts
Do all ML's come with GPS hardware?

Hi, my father-in-law's 2001 ML320 sport is in desperate need of navi (he gets lost all the time...)

The vehicle was not ordered with navigation, do you know if all the hardware is there and I can just buy the s/w and install it for him? Or is there hardware missing that would have needed to be ordered when it was new?

thx

·
Registered
95 E320 (Sold, known as Hi Ho)..1990 300E (sold, known as "the Chariot"..Current
160 Posts
Anyone know if ML's have the GPS h/w?

bump.

Can I just buy the CD's and install them and get Navi working?

thx

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
well, since you didnt have nav in the first place and you want to put it in now, i'm sure that it will work, but you will probably have to go to the dealer to get it coded to work and then you will need the cd to make it work. good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts