Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
A question all the way from the Rock of Gibraltar In Europe!!
I have just been deleivered a new ML with COmmand
IS it possible to manually input your destination using Log and Lat instead of place name?

ML ROCKS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
'06 ML350
284 Posts
herbi said:
HI,
A question all the way from the Rock of Gibraltar In Europe!!
I have just been deleivered a new ML with COmmand
IS it possible to manually input your destination using Log and Lat instead of place name?

ML ROCKS!!!!!!!
No that I know of, but you could try typing in "middle of nowhere" and see if it ask for Lon and Lat

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What version command is on the pics as the screen shots dont look like my version of command. I have just had mine as an option on a brand new W164

·
Registered
06 ML350
492 Posts
Herbi,

I checked the Command Manual and could find that option anywhere. I know you can save a location once your there or if you can get Wolfgang's process to work it may give you the LAT/LON but I don't think that answers your question. I do not think there is a way to enter it for example if you were going somewhere and the only thing you had was LAT&LON you couldn't enter it.

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
The navigation system shown in the pictures is the 03+ ML MCS I DVD NAV whose functionality should be similar to the MCS II in 06+ MLs, but not the same. I found this method of map input by just trying things out and not reading the manual, as it can be faster for me than typing letters in.... It's a "point and click nav" to those points on the map which look interesting...

I did check in the manual below and it describes on page 111 "Selecting a destination using the map" which may be similar.

http://phdwebsite.powerpulse.cc/COMAND/2005 C&CLK COMAND.pdf

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks but it will not show the actual log lat until you reached the des

many be some one will know eventually as beening an SUV sometimes you want to find a parti offroad site

·
Registered
CLK
2 Posts
What shell I do to see TV on Comand during the car is running ? My car is CLK of 2005. Is anybody of you wich can help me ?
Thanks so much
Cris

·
Registered
2006 ML350
615 Posts
I personally learned this yesterday on my 06 ML. When you are in Map mode, pan the screen to move the cursor to your desired destination. Once the cursor (or arrow) is over the desired location, press OK, and the Lat/Long will show on the screen. Then press OK again to start route guidance

I am not sure if this answers your question, but its close to what you are looking for. Yeah, the ML's owners manual is one of the worst I have seen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts