Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got a dilemma I started my NAV retrofit late last year and ran into a couple problems so I let it sit this past winter as I was away overseas. I'm back and ready to tackle it... but a problem I ran into. I took off my rubber cover on the roof and noticed there was NO WIRE there to attach my antenna just a screw slot to screw it in. I have a 99 ML430... could it be possible that they didn't run a wire to the roof since my truck wasn't capable of NAV?

Last thing I want to do it start running wires all the way to the back, so is there an alternate NAV/GPS antenna I can buy that I can dash mount or something AND that will fit into the MCS antenna slot like the OEM one? If anyone knows of anything a part number would help as I saw an Alpine one on here from another members post but I think they discontinued it cause I can't find it anywhere... OR if I got to run the antenna wire from the roof to the front where can I get one (the wire itself) All help is much appreciated... cheers guys [:)]

·
Registered
2000 ML430
101 Posts
You might want to get the GPS/NAV from Pacific Coast Parts. The model number is 01T85385W04. www.pacparts.com The antenna is $25.85 and is a easy swap from the OEM

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
Tatnhu - 2/9/2005 12:01 PM

You might want to get the GPS/NAV from Pacific Coast Parts. The model number is 01T85385W04. www.pacparts.com The antenna is $25.85 and is a easy swap from the OEM
Yes I installed one and I am very happy with it.... It plugs directly into the back of the MCS, and you can mount the antenna on your dash..

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I searched that model number but nothing came up... who is the manufacturer for the antenna?... thanks guys.. tryin to get this ordered today. CHEERS!

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
GOAT - 2/9/2005 2:48 PM

I searched that model number but nothing came up... who is the manufacturer for the antenna?... thanks guys.. tryin to get this ordered today. CHEERS!
I just checked it is still there... You must be doing something wrong... You have to select Alpine as the manufactuer... then input the part number in the part number box

Order Form
Part Number: 01T85385W04
Description: GPS ANTENNA
Price: $25.85
Availability: Currently in Stock
Quantity:

·
Registered
03 ML500
789 Posts
You don't need any cable for the antenna. The antenna actually screws to that hole in the back. I did it in my 00 ML320.
Let me know if you need more info, pics (I think they are in my profile)

·
Registered
w163 ml
208 Posts
yes the antenna just screws into the screw thread and it clamps on the roof body work.
its like a double ended thread screw part in the thread on the roof and attach the other end to the antenna and it will clamp together
if you buy the factory antenna you get a small tool to tighten it up, and you use the same tool to put the cap on top of the antenna.

very easy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts