Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
c 320
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 C230 I just purchase a Magellan RoadMate 700 and I am wondering if there is a way to share the telaid GPS antenna between the two

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
No there isn't...

2003 C230 I just purchase a Magellan RoadMate 700 and I am wondering if there is a way to share the telaid GPS antenna between the two
You will have to purchase another antenna ofr your Magellan. [:)]

·
Registered
c 320
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: No there isn't...

You will have to purchase another antenna ofr your Magellan. [:)]
Where is the best location for the antenna?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
mittelme - 12/3/2003 9:13 AM

I'm assuming you don't have COMAND, because otherwise you wouldn't need to do this... and if not, then:

Yes, there is a way... but it is a real pain. You need the GPS splitter (OEM Mercedes part, used on the W208 CLK for instance). You'll also need additional wiring to go between the GPS antenna, the splitter, and your Teleaid module. Then a wire will come out of whereever you want, and you'll need the adapter to go between that cable and your Megellan. I bought an FME to BNC adapter because that's what I needed.

All in all, it would be A LOT cheaper to buy a $20 antenna. But then you'll want to run the cable out to the roof, or at least on your dash, and you'll have cables exposed... so it depends what is more important to you.

-s-

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
Or you could run it under the carpet or door sill to the rear and bring the antenna cable thru the rear seat into the trunk and mount it on the rear of the trunk. I did that with my Alpine's and it works fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts