Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I currently have a CLK 200 kompressor bulit in November 2004.
I encounter an issue with the navigation, the latter has became crazy and always give me the wrong direction.
I would like to check if everything is ok with the antenna, however I would like to know first where it is. I haven't apparently external antenna.
Does someone of you know where the antenna is factory fixed and how can I access to this place and how should I remove the antenna?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Alex.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Hi - First I will assume that your car is a CLK coupe. Things are different for the cabriolet.

Your GPS antenna is rather elusive...it is located under the roof trim above the rear windscreen. I imagine that it is actually behind the black section of the glass, and is at the top, above the rear window heater wiring. The drawing from the WIS might help here.

How to get the trim/cover off is another topic. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - First I will assume that your car is a CLK coupe. Things are different for the cabriolet.

Your GPS antenna is rather elusive...it is located under the roof trim above the rear windscreen. I imagine that it is actually behind the black section of the glass, and is at the top, above the rear window heater wiring. The drawing from the WIS might help here.

Thank you for your help :)
I will check if everything is ok with the antenna in the next few days...

Cheers.

Alex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hi keyhole,

Do you have a link regarding a topic about trim/cover? Or should I create one? If I need to change the antenna, I do need indeed to know how to get access to this antenna :)

Cheers

Alex

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Just hang fire for a moment...:) the news isn't good.

The WIS says that the GPS antenna can only be changed by replacing the entire rear windscreen. It is glued on, and cannot be un-glued. Similarly the antenna amplifiers that are also alongside the antenna.

Incidentally the rear window is cut out with a special tool/knife. The replacement is then glued back in place!

Inspection of the antenna and its connector is almost as bad. You have to remove the covers for the A, B and C pillars first, with all that entails, before you can unhook the roof lining. Maybe you can partially remove the rear section, but that isn't detailed.

Has your rear window ever been replaced? IMO, the best way forward is to get your codes read first. If poor GPS signals have been received, the fault should be stored, and it might not be the antenna at fault.

Not much to go wrong with an antenna, is there...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts