Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping to get some ideas. We own an SLK 280 2008 - near loaded, including satellite radio. Though it doesn't have the GPS system or bluetooth - is there an easy way to add either of these via software or will it also require additional hardware as well.

I know regarding the bluetooth - I could probably get something like BlueAnt, but what about just pure software options?

thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry, what do you mean by BlueAnt? A sunvisor kit or a ViseeO MB-2 puck (at one point they were about to sell it as their own product, but canceled the project. Some kits were however made with their logo).

Does you car have MHI/UHI factory phone system? To check look into your armrest and see if there is a connector in it. If you are still not certain, press the phone button and read what the screen says: "Please, connect your phone" - you do have it. "No phone found" - you don't.

If you do have it you can go with a Mercedes puck or ViseeO MB-2. If you don't - Nav-TV Tooki MB we sell will give you fully integrated Bluetooth. A similar integrated Bluetooth product is sold by mObrodge/Cartronics. ViseeO also makes one, but considering the low US volumes we chose to stick to Nav-TV here.

Hope it helps. Sorry, don't know much about GPS I would guess it is a dealer add-on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts