Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing John. I would love to know how fast they were going as the other cars around them looked like they were standing still.

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Sorry its not 124 related ....but thought you guys will get a kick outta this.
guy films his own, cop chases GT.he's got a spotter behind him
Cops Chase Ford GT - YouTube
Ummmm...errrr....from somebody that used to do this routinely in the days of lore without any radar gear.....these guys are really amateurish. The guy driving has no natural instincts and is missing shifts right & left....the guy riding bitch is communicating poorly with the 'facts'. It's an Abbot and Costello team in a killer car. Still, the way that GT walked through traffic gave me a hardon.....and that sound!:D

Kevin

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing John. I would love to know how fast they were going as the other cars around them looked like they were standing still.

Mark
From the way they flicked by the cars going at hwy speed....I would estimate up towards peaks of 150mph....but overall less than that. That car is certainly capable of much, much more....maybe not with those stooges at the helm.:rolleyes:

Kevin

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea..thought ya get a kick! those dudes were toast at the end,hear the guy say were f**ked at the end.how dumb can ya be? think I did something like that in my 20's in my 70 Nova ss 396 ,but no cops!:D

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
those guys are getting way too into the whole 'cop drama' thing but damn! that looks like too much fun and the way that GT dances through traffic... rot your teeth

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
As far as cars go, that car is an icon. It's the absolute pinnacle of anything Ford ever produced-their magnum opus. How those stooges ascertained it or own it, is beyond me. Which just goes to show ya that even in the hands of virtual idiots, that car is cool beyond belief.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Sorry guys, these two are a couple of dbags. Where to start?
Up until 1:30 the driver (DB1) had his phone, then pitches it over to DB2 while driving.
They Chose to do this during a busy time on the road. (great just what I want some self centered piker to take me and my kids out). If these guys had any respect for the car they'd not be on a busy public road. you want to wind it out, take it to the track. People on the road do not react like racers. You jam on the brakes in front of the guy pullin the 5th wheel he's likely to do the same, then lose control and cause an accident. Checked the website, one of them is driving holding a dunkin donuts coffee (muricelago) while highway drag racing the GT40.....one of these kids is going to kill themselves, hope they dont kill anyone else, or cause someone else to do the same.
I hope they had their car impounded and watched it be crushed. They do not deserve it.
This is what happens when jersey shore meets exotic car meets the internet.

BTW.....sure does sound great though.

·
Registered
16,780 Posts
As I've always said "You can outrun a copcar, but you can't outrun his Motorola".

Love the sound of that GT, even though it's not the real deal that won LeMans 3 times in the 60s while kicking Ferrari in the shorts.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
As I've always said "You can outrun a copcar, but you can't outrun his Motorola".

Love the sound of that GT, even though it's not the real deal that won LeMans 3 times in the 60s while kicking Ferrari in the shorts.
No it's not the original GT40...it's much more street-able and full of modern gizmos the original didn't have. The original belongs in a museum or in vintage racing. This one belongs on the road, albeit in more capable hands.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Go ahead and kill yourselves, don't put others in danger too!
I don't think anyone is arguing 'for' the two stooges. We are however, drooling over the world class, supercar.:D There are vids all over the Net featuring this car stretching its legs and the story behind it.

Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts