Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, picked up my new C320 last Friday. In a word: a great drive, a great car. As good at the 328i I had before, and in fact, better in many ways - feels more like a mix between a 3 and a 5. Solid, quiet, fast, torquey... fun fun fun.<p>One point: I do stand by my criticism of the start-off delay. If you, at standstill, hit the accelerator to pull off in a hurry, it holds back! If you go gentle, it's fine. I will probably get used to this, and also, it IS a new car so I will report back later to let you all know whether it got any better.<p>Another, very minor, point: Rear visibility is not nearly as good as the 328. When backing up, I am constantly praying I won't hit someone otr something: you just can't see.<p>But that's minor. Even the start-off delay is survivable, and I will presumably get used to it. The car has a lot of positives.<p>Btw I bought it at Meray Motors in Oakville, ON, and they were good - Steve Jones there took three and a half hours to do the paperwork and show me the car, including a dtrive and a looong explanation of all the features. Recommended.<p>Michael<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congratulations !! Post some pics !! What combo did you get ?

: OK, picked up my new C320 last Friday. In a word: a great drive, a great car. As good at the 328i I had before, and in fact, better in many ways - feels more like a mix between a 3 and a 5. Solid, quiet, fast, torquey... fun fun fun.<p>One point: I do stand by my criticism of the start-off delay. If you, at standstill, hit the accelerator to pull off in a hurry, it holds back! If you go gentle, it's fine. I will probably get used to this, and also, it IS a new car so I will report back later to let you all know whether it got any better.<p>Another, very minor, point: Rear visibility is not nearly as good as the 328. When backing up, I am constantly praying I won't hit someone otr something: you just can't see.<p>But that's minor. Even the start-off delay is survivable, and I will presumably get used to it. The car has a lot of positives.<p>Btw I bought it at Meray Motors in Oakville, ON, and they were good - Steve Jones there took three and a half hours to do the paperwork and show me the car, including a dtrive and a looong explanation of all the features. Recommended.<p>Michael<br><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Congratulations !! Post some pics !! What combo did you get ?

I'll take and post some pictures this weekend - and also, perhaps more usefully, I will post a real review here, comparing it to the 1998 328i I had before.<p>I got the C320 with <br>- Silver metallic paint <br>- Black leather<br>- Bose sound system<br>- Heated front seats<br>- Rain sensor wipers<br>- El. Sunroof<br>- Headlap washers<br>- Xenon Headlamps<p>Michael<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kickdown switch

Michael,<br>Do you know if it has a kickdown switch?<br>E.g., on the ML, if you stomp on the accelerator pedal hard enough, you will hear a "click". This is a switch that tells it to go to max acceleration...<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: kickdown switch

I notice when I push down all the way it goes crazy. Not the defined click I had on the BMW, perhaps, but definitely, the same effect.<p>Mike<p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be great !!! Thanks !!

: I'll take and post some pictures this weekend - and also, perhaps more usefully, I will post a real review here, comparing it to the 1998 328i I had before.<p>I got the C320 with <br>- Silver metallic paint <br>- Black leather<br>- Bose sound system<br>- Heated front seats<br>- Rain sensor wipers<br>- El. Sunroof<br>- Headlap washers<br>- Xenon Headlamps<p>Michael<br><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost ready for review

After a week, I feel almost wqualified to comment in detail on the differences I experience swicthing from the 328i to the new C320. It's overwhelmingly positive, but of course there's always those tiny little annoyances. Stay tuned.<p>Michael<br>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts