Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Got the cigarette lighter and 12V plug?

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Shinigami 
#1 ·
I have the cigarette lighter, but miss the 12V plug in my 55. As I mentioned in the thread -> http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1206039&posts=1 <- I went to the dealer today to ask a few questions. I looked over the other 55, and it had the 12V plug, but did not have a cigarette lighter.

The dealer thought it might be that you get either or the other, probably to not overload the system. So I'm asking, has anyone got BOTH the cigarette lighter AND the 12V plug in the passenger foot area?

Oh, and on another notice, I asked about having an oil dipstick for my car, and they said that I 'can' buy one if I want, but it's usually just a dealer item and not for general sale. Might go get that one day...

I also asked why I don't have AMG floor mats, supposedly you guys (with an AMG) have them? The Designo 55 on sale had designo mats, but the dealer checked a few other AMG's on the show floor, and they too had standard "mercedes-Benz" logoed floor mats. Not "AMG" logoed mats... Bummer, maybe it's an option that needs to be bought separately, as the Swiss price list booklet doesnt mention it in the standard options list of the AMG.

Could this be a standard option for the the states or some other countries? Any insight on this guys? Maybe I should consider getting hold of Designo mats instead, they looked quite nice...

See less See more
#2 ·
Shinigami - 4/7/2005 8:48 AM

I have the cigarette lighter, but miss the 12V plug in my 55. As I mentioned in the thread -> http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1206039&posts=1 <- I went to the dealer today to ask a few questions. I looked over the other 55, and it had the 12V plug, but did not have a cigarette lighter.

The dealer thought it might be that you get either or the other, probably to not overload the system. So I'm asking, has anyone got BOTH the cigarette lighter AND the 12V plug in the passenger foot area?

Oh, and on another notice, I asked about having an oil dipstick for my car, and they said that I 'can' buy one if I want, but it's usually just a dealer item and not for general sale. Might go get that one day...

I also asked why I don't have AMG floor mats, supposedly you guys (with an AMG) have them? The Designo 55 on sale had designo mats, but the dealer checked a few other AMG's on the show floor, and they too had standard "mercedes-Benz" logoed floor mats. Not "AMG" logoed mats... Bummer, maybe it's an option that needs to be bought separately, as the Swiss price list booklet doesnt mention it in the standard options list of the AMG.

Could this be a standard option for the the states or some other countries? Any insight on this guys? Maybe I should consider getting hold of Designo mats instead, they looked quite nice...
The dipstick is one of those talisman tools of the ancient wisdoms. It does nothing, it proves nothing and it means nothing yet it somehow makes people feel good about their cars.

A120 589 07 21 00 - measuring rod - for measuring oil level and for checking the length of oil pipe.

#3 ·
Well, the rod gives a slightly better measurement then the on-board computer, which only measures it in 1 liter increments/decrements :\

#5 ·
That's what I thought. I was pretty sure it would be possible to have them both. Wonder why mine didn't come with it then? Guess I'll have to have it added later if I feel like it. Could be useful if I wanna lug around a portable fridge or something this summer.

#7 ·
CP1: thanks for this info. I don't know if there's something peculair about me not having the plug. Could be because it was one of the first AMG's built *scratches head*.

I'll bug the dealer about the floor mats. If that fails, I'll order them and sell mine to someone (they're practically new anyway).

#10 ·
owen - 4/8/2005 7:18 PM

I believe the 12V socket is installed for those of us who deleted the smoking kits for our car order, so I wouldn't imagine that both a socket and a cigarette lighter would be fitted unless asked for. Why the need for both anyway?
As one who manages to stop smoking between 20-30 times a day (not stopping just once in a year (obviously no will power!!
)) - I went for the 'no ashtray' option - full size drawer at the bottom of the central console stack, and a 'tinny freezer' socket in the passenger footwell - as far as I understand, you can have either one or t'other in the UK, not both.

#12 ·
Can anybody show pics of them both being on a car? Maybe one photo angled so that it shows them both at the same time?

If some of you could do this, I'll print them out and show the proof to my dealer. Maybe I'll get it installed free of charge.

#13 ·
Shinigami - 4/7/2005 1:26 PM
Can anybody show pics of them both being on a car? Maybe one photo angled so that it shows them both at the same time?
Shinigami:
Here is a picture I took from an old file and tried to lighten enough to show both. If it doesn't work, I can take one later today/tonight with a better exposure...[:D][8D][:D]

Attachments

#15 ·
The Canadian brochure clearly states "exclusive AMG floor mats on SLK55 AMG", so I suppost this is standard in Canada. However, I am still 2 months away from my due date, so I really have no clue.[:D]

#17 ·
Thanks, that's perfect. I'll go show it to the dealer sometime [:)]

#20 ·
I just got standard mats in my 55 amg.
It was one of my complaints when picking up the car.
You pay the extra money for the amg so why not get the amg mats?? I am not sure if any other 55 owners in the UK have amg mats?? I am gonna keep pushing the dealer for them, if not I will buy them cus they will put the finishing touches to a amazing car!!

#21 ·
I think I'll buy the AMG mats, and sell mine to someone else (ebay perhaps?).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.