Registered
SLK 350
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total ran $2389.61 USD. The price breakdown is:

Brabus Exhaust: $1995
Installation: $240
Tax: $154.61

I have the AMG sports package rear bumper and Brabus USA had to make some modifications to fit it.

Initial impressions:
This exhaust is better suited for someone who wants the low key look. I liked the AMG quad exhaust much better and that is a lot more BLING, but I didn't want to spend an additional $1500 for the AMG rear bumper and $400 to paint it. So I guess the Brabus will do for now...

In addition, after driving the car, I found the sound of the exhaust to be too quiet. I didn't want something BANG, but I wanted something louder than stock. To my ears, the Brabus and the stock are very similar in loudness...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks for the info....
Its a merc... so it must come and go in Class... No loud sound is better... But i think the exhaust need some "run in" also. After that it probably will sound louder. Wait for a few days more.....

Cheers....[8D]

·
Registered
SLK 350
69 Posts
dwei42 - 2/21/2005 9:31 PM

I have the AMG sports package rear bumper and Brabus USA had to make some modifications to fit it.

Initial impressions:
This exhaust is better suited for someone who wants the low key look. I liked the AMG quad exhaust much better and that is a lot more BLING, but I didn't want to spend an additional $1500 for the AMG rear bumper and $400 to paint it.

My question is: Is it not possible just to change the black plastic part on the rear AMG bumper to accomodate the 4 pipes AMG exhaust? The 4 pipe AMG exhaust is now available as a aftermarket accessory for the 200 and 350.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts