Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
1999 SL500 (5.5 AMG)
Have them on my car, I love them.
Perfect drop and ride comfort on OEM shocks.

Registered
1998 SL500 Sport
These were drop shipped to my place from Germany and arrived today鈥攖oo bad I can鈥檛 read German
Just waiting for a few parts from FCPEuro.
Any special before after pics anybody need?
View attachment 2651449
View attachment 2651451
Side shot of before and after please. Also, what shims are you going with? I went with #1 and #3 for my H&R Sport Springs. Also added a strut brace and it really transformed the car鈥檚 handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2000 SL500
Discussion Starter #5
Side shot of before and after please. Also, what shims are you going with? I went with #1 and #3 for my H&R Sport Springs. Also added a strut brace and it really transformed the car鈥檚 handling.
I saw a pic of #1 and 2 w/Eibach that I loved.
Eibach says 30mm drop front and rear, so I might go with factory installed pads first.

Registered
2001 SL500
TunerShop
Here鈥檚 the link:

I was actually looking at their site earlier and found that they're based in Reno, NV. Surprising that they don't carry the springs stateside. I've determined eibachshop in poland to be the cheapest source of these springs and they will deliver them in 2 days to america

Registered
1998 SL500 Sport
Nice drop! It will settle a bit over the next couple weeks too as the springs break in. Looks great.

Registered
2001 SL500
Anticipating pics as well. having hard time finding pics of #2 front and #3 rear pad setup, and have been considering it as opposed to #1 #3

Registered
2000 SL500
Discussion Starter #15
In the R129 Facebook group a guy posted a pic of his Eibach setup wth #2 front and #1 rear.
Eibach is supposed to be a 30/30mm drop front and rear so I鈥檓 thinking of using the factory installed shim sizes at first.
Here鈥檚 his set up

Registered
2001 SL500
In the R129 Facebook group a guy posted a pic of his Eibach setup wth #2 front and #1 rear.
Eibach is supposed to be a 30/30mm drop front and rear so I鈥檓 thinking of using the factory installed shim sizes at first.
Here鈥檚 his set up
View attachment 2651924
That鈥檚 kinda strange. I thought #2 rear causes the rear to start sitting a bit beyond the tires so a #1 rear should be totally slammed.... interesting...

Registered
2000 SL500
Discussion Starter #18
That鈥檚 kinda strange. I thought #2 rear causes the rear to start sitting a bit beyond the tires so a #1 rear should be totally slammed.... interesting...
The black car I posted looks like it could be a little lower than Bahraini鈥檚 car in the back.
hard to tell on my phone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts