Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 380SL
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Went for the 16x8 15mm offset 225 50 16

Just ordered some Mercedes centre caps to finish them off ...

·
Registered
US spec MB560SL 1986, Audi A4 and A6, Ford Taunus 1964 17M and 2.0 1975
1,419 Posts
Very nice pics, good light and of course excellent combo!

Con grats for your good taste choise!

BR

·
Registered
Mercedes 380SL
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Guys , I love them I went to see two of my customers yesterday , first was an Italian couple the guy was like Oh my god I wanta that car , how much I buy it off you ?
I politely refused his offer , the 2nd customer in a huge £million + house came out and said what a beautiful car and spent 30 mins asking me about it !
I loved the car anyway but with the sun catching those polished rims it just looks special !
I wanted a period look alloy and love the stance and more direct steering
They are made by a company called Dare And a bargain at £600 inc tyres and fitting
Carl

·
Registered
1985 380SL(2) 1973 450SL
491 Posts
Wow....those wheels really reach out and grab you. I've got mixed feelings here, but as an analogy, imagine a hottie in a beige dress . . . one of those flimsy ones like Marilyn Monroe used to wear...when the wind blew up her skirt over that grate on the street....now picture her with some chrome hooker shoes on.....just sayin.

lmao....where can I get a set? All I see is WHEELS! Not necessarily a bad thing....but it overpowers the rest of the car.....do you have a black soft top....that might look really good.???

I've got an 85 silver blue metallic 380 at the body shop now...just did a complete repaint....my wheels need a re-do....and tires need attention as well...I think I'll photoshop these on mine and see what they look like.....

·
Always Remembered RIP
1983 380 SL
112 Posts
Wow....those wheels really reach out and grab you. I've got mixed feelings here, but as an analogy, imagine a hottie in a beige dress . . . one of those flimsy ones like Marilyn Monroe used to wear...when the wind blew up her skirt over that grate on the street....now picture her with some chrome hooker shoes on.....just sayin.

lmao....where can I get a set? All I see is WHEELS! Not necessarily a bad thing....but it overpowers the rest of the car.....do you have a black soft top....that might look really good.???
Try Here!!:D

Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers

·
Registered
Mercedes 380SL
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wheels are not chrome , just painted centre and polished rim , tbh when it's not so sunny and without the tyre dressing there less blingy , but I love them both ways ! I think they will look more refined with a classy Mercedes centre cap ( which i have ordered ) rather than shiny original ones , One big plus is I know someone who ran a set on a BMW 2002ti for over a year daily use and they still look great !

·
Registered
Mercedes 380SL
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had that photo on my desktop lol and kept going back to it !!

I'm very happy with my choice , every day I'm getting loads of compliments about the car .

Just fitted another new wheel too -

·
Registered
1977 450SL
50 Posts
No doubt the wheels are "perfect" I think you having the euro bumpers with the chrome on top of them also help make the wheels look like they belong on your car.

Nice, Nice job!

·
Registered
Mercedes 380SL
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Peanut butter and jelly Yuk ! Must be an American thing lol
Thanks for positive comments guys , it's amazing how much more attention the car is getting just by changing the wheels ! I even came back to find a Ferrari owner looking all over it and asking me questions today !
I just need two more modifications and I'll be happy , I had a vision on just how I wanted a R107 to be and I'm nearly there .......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts