Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The silver 1979 mog got dropped off last night about 11:45pm! It is nice to get a mog that you can just drive off of the trailer, instead of having to drag it off. So I thought I would share a few photos. Truck runs great after sitting for a while, as the previous owner suffered a stroke shortly after bringing the truck over from Schüssler in Germany. This truck is the one with the 3400mm (134") wheel base, which is about 20" longer than a standard 416. And with its huge dump bed, it is about 3' longer than my yellow doka! It has only 49k miles and 2200 hours, a 20 speed transmission, with two speed PTO with shafts both front and rear. Schmidt plate up front with the bumper that slides into the plate. The three way dump box was custom made by Schüssler.
All I just need to do is tidy a few things up and adjust a few things and it will be all set to go!:D Enjoy the photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
No no no, knowing what he paid for that truck would cause every Unimog to spontaneously combust. We are lucky it hasn't happend already!

JK, again nice truck Von. Nice score!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Von, thanks for sharing.
WOWEEEEEEE!!! Unreals!

" just need to tidy a few things up and make some adjustments"?
You mean like a Turbo And Fast Axles?

I am not so concerned with how much he paid for it, how much do I need to buy it? Serious kine! Now my mind is racing!

I'm still amazed that the extra length doesn't make it look cumbersome like some I've seen.
I'm salivating... WANT!
Wait it might be TOO nice for me, I might scratch it. And my living room isn't big enough.

Well Von, congrats.
Dear Santa...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Von, does that truck have the longer 416 frame, the bolt on rear frame extensions, or both? It looks like the wheel base is longer, but also like there is more rear bed overhang than a standard (ha ha) 416.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, just got in from fiddling with it all morning and early afternoon. Got a bunch of bugs already worked out of it! Most were from it just sitting for a while. The wheel base is about 20" longer than a standard 416 frame. And is about four inches longer than a stock frame from the rear axle back. Which is about 23" longer than the short or AG 416 frame that is on the yellow doka. There are no bolt on frame extensions on this one. If you look in the shop manual, you can see that there are about 6 different frames for the 406-416 Unimogs.

And as a side note, it will be for sale soon, so feel free to contact me if your a serious buyer. OH NO, I JUST KILLED ANOTHER THREAD!!!

Or those who get their panties in a knot should just learn to relax, life is too damn short!

·
Unimog Moderator
13,046 Posts
With that long of a wheelbase, do you know if it was a firemog in its previous life?

Is it disk or drum brakes? I assume because of the rims its disk, but with mogs, one should never assume...

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With that long of a wheelbase, do you know if it was a firemog in its previous life?

Is it disk or drum brakes? I assume because of the rims its disk, but with mogs, one should never assume...
I have no idea what it was in its first life. I do see some yellow paint under the hood so I don't know if that rules out fire truck. And it does have disc brakes, but no trailer brake set up.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
It's nice to see that truck surface again, I've always liked the crewcab with extra full tipper bed aspect of it.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a few more photos of the inside. For some reason the rear seat looks blue in the photos, but looks black in person. Must have some blue in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Von, when you cut that truck into small pieces, I'll take the hand-hold bar for the rear seat passengers.

;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts