Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
wonderful dealer we have in the next town, 80 mils did a wonderful job on changing the oil...lol... anyway they didnt reset the light and im not going to drive all the way back down there to get the service do now!! light off...<br> <br> so...what is the trick to this

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Following a completed A or B service the Mercedes-Benz Center sets the counter mileage to 10,000 miles (Canada: 15,000 km) and 365 days.<br>
<br>
The counter can also be set by any individual. To do so:<br>
<br>
Turn the electronic key in steering lock to position 2. To call up the trip odometer and main odometer, press button 3 or 4 on the multifunction steering wheel until the display appears.<br>
<br>
Press button 5 or 6 until the FSS indicator appears.<br>
<br>
Press button 'R' on the instrument cluster for approximately 2 seconds.<br>
<br>
The multifunction display will show the question:<br>
<br>
'DO YOU WANT TO RESET SERVICE INTERVAL? - CONFIRM BY PRESSING R'<br>
<br>
Press button 'R' on the instrument cluster again, and hold until a signal sounds. The message 'SERVICE INTERVAL HAS BEEN RESET' appears in the multifunction display.<br>
<br>
The new service indicator is displayed with the reset distance of 10,000 miles (Canada 15,000 km).<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Please post procedure for a 98 CLK320.

Can you please post the procedure for a 98 CLK320? Thanks in Advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Damn...lol no wonder a oil change cost so much :)

hey thanks, Im going to have to print that out.. That is a lot of buttons to push :)

·
Registered
CLK 320
4 Posts
service indicator

I get a local guy who has always serviced my cars exceptionally to service my clk. He has tried reseting following your procedure but it always resets to a 'B' service when it should be an 'A'. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2009 E350, 1999 C230
75 Posts
Re: Please post procedure for a 98 CLK320.

Can you please post the procedure for a 98 CLK320? Thanks in Advance.
Turn key to position 2. Hit odometer button twice to bring up service indicator. Turn key to position 0. Hold odometer button, at the same time turn key to position 2 again. Wait for reset to occur.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts