Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wheels were showing signs of wear after 6 years hard use, so i had them refurbished. Here's the before and after pics...

Pic 1 ... Before refurb
Pic 2 ... after refurb
Pic 3 ... sitting on the "new" wheels
Pic 4 ... had some CLK wheels loaned to me while the wheels were being worked on.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I loved those CLK wheels too. Didn't wanna give them back :-(

My new wheels are really clean now, even close up... like new. It cost £80 per wheel, guess around $110 ??
I'm happy.

·
Registered
SLK 280
135 Posts
Who did them Stu ?

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Les,
Theres a company in West Drayton, Auto Care Service, or something like that. I saw their advert in a mercedes mag, and as its just around the corner from me i had a look. They send the wheels off to a company that did the work, no idea who. They did everything, removed tyres, replaced them, balancing, valves etc.
ACS are mainly dealing in merc & bmw tuning and mods. I've seen some of the cars he's played with.... very nice.

·
Registered
SLK 280
135 Posts
Thanks. How long did it take coz I'd have to leave my car up on bricks whilst the car was away !!

Mine have peeling clearcoat and MB won't play the warranty game like they did on my first one.

Les

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Takes about 5 days. ACS actually lent me a set of wheels while my wheels were away. (The CLK ones in the pic) at no extra cost.

call Raj on 01895 422560 for info

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
It will be interesting to see how long the repairs last. There was a big chunk of your wheel missing before and it looks great in the fixed shop.

You should paint your calipurs :)

--Deathy

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Deathy !!
They did a good job fixing the missing chunks ! I think a lot depends on my driving as to how long they last !! hopefully no-one will force me off the road again, which caused damage last time, and i'll just have to be extra carefull when parking on the street. Where I live the roads are very busy and narrow and if you don't park right up to the curb the chances are a bus or truck will take the mirror off as it zooms past :-(.
Will be interesting to see how long the paint lasts. I'm not exactly sure what they did to fix them, but they look good again, and hopefully they will last a long time !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts