Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Looks good... But have you had any problem with rattling because it is really close to the back hatch door... Other than that looks good! Did you install it ?

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I turn it around for that reason, I don't get close to zero rattling facing the other way just pure clean bass, I did not install it myself I had a shop do it, but I was overwhelmed, bass +0 on my factory deck makes it audible for over 500ft, I love it

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
oh you kept the stock deck? I am sure that sub pounds the ML.. How big is the amp?

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
400w RMS 800w standard, yea it pounds the ML, I should be getting my dvd/navigation touch screen in the front as well as 2 monitors in the headrests soon here

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Let me know what you find... I have been looking around. I want to get a Mac mini in the ML and have some headrests and a custom built fiberglass housing for a 7" screen in the front.

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im going to go with a MTX Thunder 7500 vs my 5500 right now, the place I got this done will do an exchange for me, and I want to use up as many watts as I can from my amp, otherwise they are lost, so I'm going to go there tomorrow after school

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Tell them to wire it in a 2ohm load. Or the lowest load your amp can handle..

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Matters about the amp Black...

The amp might push

400RMS @ 4ohm

and

800RMS @ 2ohm

Just depends what kind of load you put on the amp. And since I dont know the model of amp you have i cannot tell ya. But i hope this gives you an idea.

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
Does this mean you are keeping the BlackHawk?

Sounds like you are fixing her up.

Nice sound system.

Keeps the pics coming.

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd like to get a sporty sedan or coupe because of minor details, gas and manuverability are the two biggest ones, as of now I would do more performance driving than offroad driving, and since I wont be going up to a mountian to ski in college *I think* I won't really need the 4wd, but we will see how it goes

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
BlackHawk - 5/8/2005 3:36 PM

I'd like to get a sporty sedan or coupe because of minor details, gas and manuverability are the two biggest ones, as of now I would do more performance driving than offroad driving, and since I wont be going up to a mountian to ski in college *I think* I won't really need the 4wd, but we will see how it goes
The ML makes a great party car. Fits more friends. You become instantly more popular...[8D]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts