Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BIG THANKS to Snibble for spotting this shade for me! Thanks SO MUCH!

It came in today from Poland and it was in perfect shape! I am so happy! The rod is for a Sedan and I already have a Sedan rod thanks to Jonwhite99, so I will have to order a coupe pole.

When I did my restoration, I re-did the rear parcel shelf in MB authentic materials and I ordered an extra yard for the shade. So I will take this down today to my upholstery guy and have him start on it Monday. He says he can recover it and after the job he did on the parcel shelf and headliner, I do not doubt him.

The wiring harness came in with it and it will make it MUCH easier than I thought, though I will have to run the shade part of the cable alonf the outer side rail along the drivers side.

Stay tuned to this thread for the Install next week when I get it back from being re-done and when I get the new rod in. I already have a new "Rope" (like in the antenna's) and I will install that in too so that it will be factory new!

Attachments

·
Registered
1983-2007 MB's
8,021 Posts
Double woot!

I WANT one too! :D

Where does the switch fit in the console? Do you have to cut one out?

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double woot!

Hey David, I am getting another one in and since that one was for the Sedan which I do not drive much, you can have this one if you want. I can have my guy recover it in any factory MB Parcel Shelf cloth you want.

The switch goes in the coin cup next to the left hand seat heater switch. Yours should have 5 places on the back for the switches and you should have either 2 or 3 taken up there. I have the two seat heaters and the center is the horn select switch. I took my Demel tool and I routed out the other two switch places for the Antenna switch which I knew later sould house the shade switch, and in position 4 is the "Citi-Lights" on-off switch. My Citi-Lights are powered in start or run and then I put in a switch so I can park idling and have all lights out.

So, you need to remove your change cup and see if there is a plastic bracket under there with 5 "Sockets" for more switches. You will understand when you see it.

This one didn't come with a harness, but I have my harness here for this one and I can duplicate it easily enough.

·
Registered
see my signature.
909 Posts
Oh, thats cool.

They are awesome when people in a truck are tailing you, and the lights are shining right in the back window.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,104 Posts
Double woot!

It goes where the fader wheel used to be. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Front and Read Infra Red Camera select switch is in that position so I went up front.

Also, I measured the harness and it is only long enough to fit the change cup position. It goes from the pin block under the DMP up to the dash and then over to behind the A/C panel and then down to the change cup. Yes you could lengthen it, it is only two wires.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SEC TT KS,1988 300CE,1990 560SEC 2nd GEN.KS.1990 560SEL AMG,1985 W126 [parts]
1,569 Posts
Very nice!
You are getting a lot of good parts in the cars you have.I would love to see them
one day as they will be one of the best out there.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice!
You are getting a lot of good parts in the cars you have.I would love to see them
one day as they will be one of the best out there.
Very kind words indeed. Thank You. I will try to live up to them.

·
Registered
'00 Mazda MPV, '98 Chrysler Cirrus
1,654 Posts
Hmmm, that is pretty cool. I might be persuaded to install one if I see one installed...

·
Registered
W126 500 SEL 9/85 W124 E320T Brabus
2,057 Posts
Nice thing, mclare :D

I got one in good condition, but i´m not shure, if it would fit between my curtains :confused:

Another nice addition are the boxes from a SEC, i think :D

Roland

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the boxes. I think all coupes do. You have curtains in a coupe though? Or is that a Sedan? I want curtains in my SEL

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
Henric, I ran those part numbers in the Polish EPC and I got a return of 282,35 Euro and a description that translates into "cover". I wonder if its for the OE shades.:confused:

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
48hp ans Snibble,
Those numbers say Curtain in the Japan section of the EPC online for a 560SEL.
ALSO Snibble the part number for right and left pennant assy are as follows.

Left-Rod-A126-810-03-84
Right-Rod-A126-810-04-84

Those numbers get the whole assy of 10-12 parts each.

These ARE NOT the same as the parking assist pole.

Still looking for the parking assist pole assy.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
Great job on the part #'s Charlie.... I've looked for the parking assist post and have no luck yet. I even have a guy in Japan try to find out for me.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Henric, I ran those part numbers in the Polish EPC and I got a return of 282,35 Euro and a description that translates into "cover". I wonder if its for the OE shades.:confused:
$570.00 Euros I would do. For the Pair.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts