Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been a while since my last post. just been braking the car in a bit. Got some nice rims too, just a shame the weather in Scotland isnt all that good for photos. but here is one pic i took. Handling is much better with these 8.5 front and back. Would have prefered wider at the back though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Very nice! I was actually offered these wheels a while back but decided to pass as I did not know how they would look like! Obviously, they look NICE [:0] How much did you pay for yours? They were offered to me for around 1,000 US second hand...

Can you get away with wider tires on the back wheels? What is the make and width of your tires? Are these original MB wheels or replicas? The ones being offered to me where taken off a totalled Benz. Would the bolt pattern match those of the SLK?

Thanks a bunch for your help.

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there, been out driving all day lol, finialy got some good weather to get the roof down up here. The tyre spec front and back are, pirelli pzero 235 / 40 / 18 they dont rub either which is good :p they look much nicer in person and when they are shiney lol

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Did you get them off another Benz? Could you have gone with 245 or 255 for the back wheels? Great choice! How much did they end up costing you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts