Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
Your car looks great - all the best with your new SLK.
If you decide on some new rims, be sure and post some pics on your choice.

·
Registered
SLK 230 & SLK350 and Jaguar XF PL
568 Posts
The weather has not been great up in your part of the world, nevermind spring is coming forcast nearly 20 degrees in some parts over the next few days apart from Scotland get that roof down get the wind in your hair unless its blowing a force 12.

gary

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will get the 18" versions. Its a shame as well I spent alot on another set, for them not to fit the car haha, Mercedes fitment, but there was something not right.

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
I like the rims - they look very good.
I went the AMG 17" rims which come with the Sport Package.
Don't want to get larger as this will impact acceleration times - larger wheels = slower car.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Car looks good [:D]

Shame about the dull weather - let's keep those fingers crossed for a decent summer!!! [:D]

Those five spokes are nice - obviously not MB Official parts!!! What make are they??

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are mb alloy wheels you get them on the sl class. Seen them when i was in the showroom the other week, look pretty good.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
StephenJnr - 3/18/2005 11:46 AM

They are mb alloy wheels you get them on the sl class. Seen them when i was in the showroom the other week, look pretty good.
Opps [:I]

Our dealership doesn't get anything as fancy as SL's in!!!! [:D]

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
StephenJnr,

What type of wheel came standard on your car. From the photo, they look like they might be stamped?
I don't remember seeing that type of wheel before.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Duo-Art - 3/18/2005 2:45 PM

StephenJnr,

What type of wheel came standard on your car. From the photo, they look like they might be stamped?
I don't remember seeing that type of wheel before.
They're the standard base alloy that is supplied with the 200, in the UK. I think they look really cheap, and they look really ugly on the car when you see it in person [xx(]

I thought I'd seen a photo of them somewhere on the web ... now if I could just remember where!!!! [8)]

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im hoping to get them soon, Im not liking the factory rims, as you say they look well bad haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts