Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my ITG airfilter on my C-Coupe and I can feel the difference. At high rpm like 40mph in second gear at full throttle the tires actually chirped. It didn't do that before. I haven't dynoed it but I did do a dyno with the factory filter and with no filter and got 5.9 hp and 2 ft-lbs torque increase so my guess is the ITG air filter nets out close to that amount. This is for a car with a performance pulley, I don't know if you would get the same results from a non-modded car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 C230K
2 Posts
Filter

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/index.php?s=7aef78c6db3b7caef24602d2071e0c54

I'm very surprised to learn you feel an increase in power with your new filter. If you check the forums on the site listed above you will find a couple where your filter was dyno'ed and they got a 'decrease' in power of up to 4 hp. It seems the filter is foam and the OEM is paper. The way the car sucks in the air the foam actually is preventing additional air into the engine. For me.....I'm waiting for the guys at K/N to come out with one....I know there products work.
You might want to check it out or perhaps the folks that make your filter have found a way to correct this problem.

Enjoy the 'benz'......I sure love mine

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Funny, I got a 2hp gain, not bad for $50. It's very easy on the coupe to do a dyno and d...

Funny, I got a 2hp gain, not bad for $50. It's very easy on the coupe to do a dyno and do one again a little later and show a 10hp loss. This is because the intercooler gets too hot from the car being stationary and being revved to the equivalent of 100mph with only airflow from fans that are the equivalent of 10-20mph. Also, who knows what filter they had then, the filter I got from ITG used Renntech's design and they sell it for $99, the filter they showed me was much thicker. While I agree, you should wait for K&N, but I only plan on keeping the car 4-5 years so I can't wait that long. K&N might never make a filter for a one year only car. Also there's a big difference in my car with an ASP pulley that has a much higher demand for air.

Ideally a large cone filter with a cold air tube would likely give you 4-5 hp.

·
Registered
ML320,C230,S320,A190
21 Posts
K&N Filter for the C230K

Hi,Guys:
I own a C203K European model, since I am located in Hong Kong. I had it since Aug/01, it was one of the first patch delivered to HK, also one of the patch that was truely made in Germany! It is a fun car to drive,too.
I had mine filter changer to K&N three months after I had the car, why you guys in the states can't order it?
My technican is authorize dealer of K&N, he said that the new C200K & C230K share the same filter
in size and location. Correct me if I am wrong, since I don't know if the technical specs are any difference between US and European model! However, I have the part number for the K&N filter: #332193 which might help when makeing an enquiry in the States with the K&N Company.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
You got me, I called K&N headquarters in Riverside, CA and they said they weren't going ...

You got me, I called K&N headquarters in Riverside, CA and they said they weren't going to make it for a while. They also have a C230 listed in vehicles they want to borrow to design a filter and I sent them an e-mail volunteering and they never responded. Please take a quick measurement and tell me length and width. A picture would also help. I can order that part number from a reseller but it doesn't show that part number for any 2002 Mercedes in their website search. It may be made by their UK office only, I sent them an e-mail, hopefully they are more responsive.

·
Registered
ML320,C230,S320,A190
21 Posts
No problem, will do what I can.

Will try to measure it and make some pics tonight, will try to post it within this few days.
Just bring curious, how much does the K&N filter usually cost in the states?
Paul[|)]

·
Registered
ML320,C230,S320,A190
21 Posts
C230K K&N filter

Hi everyone:
I happened to have a spare filter so I photo it with all the packaging, my digital camera isn't that good, so the out comes weren't perfect but I hope it can help!
And the measurement as follow:
The narrower side is 431/2cm X 7cm
The wider side is 46cm X 8cm
The height is about 3cm
It cost me HK$700=US$90, it is just for cross reference to the cost in the states.
Let me know if I can help.
Take care.
Paul Chan
[;)]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts