Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for about a month, got my 2002 E55 today, black/black. I sold my 2003 Z06 50th aniversary, was a great car, just needed more room since my only other vehicle is a Ducati Monster :)

Had a question already :) Was the passenger mirror lowering function when you put the car in reverse and option or did it apply to all e55's as I notice mine doesn't lower when I put the car in reverse.

Love the car, its got a lot of kick especially on the highway :) I've just ordered the flat hood emblem but don't do much other than tint, audio and maybe suspension later, I love the stock monoblock wheels.

·
Registered
Oo == oO 98 E320
674 Posts
Passenger mirror should drop when put into reverse on all 210 bodied cars.

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
Congrstulations & Welcome to the Board realein! Post some pix when you get a chance.

You need to reprogram your right side mirror to go down when put in reverse to do so check your owners manual for instructions on how to set it. Pls. take time to complete your profile

Take care & enjoy your new ride,
JOE55

·
Registered
E-ZGO 53 HP., 99 E 430 sport, 04 E55 AMG, 2008 Tahoe LTZ Sold Porsche to Brother
1,906 Posts
realien said:
I've been lurking for about a month, got my 2002 E55 today, black/black. I sold my 2003 Z06 50th aniversary, was a great car, just needed more room since my only other vehicle is a Ducati Monster :)

Had a question already :) Was the passenger mirror lowering function when you put the car in reverse and option or did it apply to all e55's as I notice mine doesn't lower when I put the car in reverse.

Love the car, its got a lot of kick especially on the highway :) I've just ordered the flat hood emblem but don't do much other than tint, audio and maybe suspension later, I love the stock monoblock wheels.
Congratulations:thumbsup:

Set the mirror in park for normal rear view you like, then put car (running) in to reverse and readjust mirror for the lower position you like, now push selector switch to drivers side mirror. Drive car, right mirror will slowly return to your normal adjusted position. Then try reverse, it should move quicker to down position than it moves when returning to normal.

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,345 Posts
doesn't the tilt mirror convenience feature activate only if the mirror switch is
in the passenger side position? that is, if you leave the switch in driver side
adjust/position, the convenience feature will not work. is my memory correct?

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great thanks guys...

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
raymond- said:
if you leave the switch in driver side
I haven't actually try that, mine always works.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
psg side mirror tilt:

mirror switch to psg side: tilt down
mirror switch to driver side: no tilt

·
Registered
E-ZGO 53 HP., 99 E 430 sport, 04 E55 AMG, 2008 Tahoe LTZ Sold Porsche to Brother
1,906 Posts
100% chance I am wrong

raymond- said:
doesn't the tilt mirror convenience feature activate only if the mirror switch is
in the passenger side position? that is, if you leave the switch in driver side

OK raymond, you are probably younger, smarter, better looking, weigh less and have more money than I. But one thing is for sure, your memory is much better too.:eek:

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joe55 - I will just need to wash it first, we have the pollen "drifts" here in georgia :)

It stock and that darn wheel thread has me looking at wheels, I want something with a very deep dish, but still classy...

Cheers,
Grant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts