Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
E550W4
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Okay it's not hooked up yet but it is installed until I get the time to do it... maybe in a few weeks...

Surprisingly the wood match is excellent although I noticed that the climate control/ashtray wood is all much lighter than the rest of the wood... maybe the sun faded it?

Anyway here's what it looks like:

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Benz 300D
341 Posts
Based on the one I pulled in the yard:

1: +12v instrument lights
2: Connection w/3 & 4 in up position
3: Connection w/2 at rest
4: (see 2)
5: ground

On my 124 I installed this switch and its harness / socket in place of the fader (running a replacement radio & wiring). However it isn't wired yet.

Couldn't find a wiring diagram... anybody know what 1,2,3,4,5 control?

·
Registered
E550W4
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks the wiring diagram I pulled seemed to be different however when I bench test I'll verify.

Based on the one I pulled in the yard:

1: +12v instrument lights
2: Connection w/3 & 4 in up position
3: Connection w/2 at rest
4: (see 2)
5: ground

On my 124 I installed this switch and its harness / socket in place of the fader (running a replacement radio & wiring). However it isn't wired yet.

·
Registered
91 Benz 300D
341 Posts
chabanais,

It appears that MB used multiple variants of this switch / wiring. The results I posted are based on testing the one I have with an ohm meter and 12 volt battery. Hope to have it connected tomorrow, stay tuned.

·
Registered
E550W4
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chabanais,

It appears that MB used multiple variants of this switch / wiring. The results I posted are based on testing the one I have with an ohm meter and 12 volt battery. Hope to have it connected tomorrow, stay tuned.
Thanks look forward to the result!

If I may ask where did you connect your hot, ground, and lights?

·
Registered
91 Benz 300D
341 Posts
Took some time this morning to wire in the antenna switch, here is a photo

I wired the switch that when it's in the DOWN position power to the antenna is cut. Very happy with this mod since I typically listen to a USB drive there is no need to have the antenna extended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts