Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK230
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I guess I should properly introduce myself now that I am an official SLK owner. My name is Jessica. I'm 23 years old, and I live in Mississippi. I work in the animal health industry which I LOVE, and I'm (still) a part-time student. My last car was a leased 2004 Acura TSX, and my car before that was a 1993 3000GT VR-4. I guess you could say I like cars. :D I have a MySpace that isn't very informative, but you're more than welcome to take a look.

For a little background on my pre-purchase situation, see this post from a couple days ago. I went with the '01, and I'm quite pleased. The car is MINT. Extremely well taken care of. It looks like it should have 40k miles instead of 90k, and the price was just right. Actually, better than just right. I am a happy camper. I had to drive it 250 miles home, so we got well-acquainted early on. Let me just say... I am in LOVE with everything about this car. This is supposed to be my fun, couple days a week ride, but I can already tell you that it will be on the road a LOT.

I am totally in gush mode right now, but the drive home was such a blast. Not only was the car a dream, but the experience was just... a blast! People were honking and waving and a couple guys were literally hanging out their windows yelling at me. A guy in a silver R170 in Birmingham gave me a grin and thumbs up. (Incidentally, he was the only other SLK I saw on the 500 mile trip.) Anyway, I have had some nice cars in the past, but nothing I've driven has ever gotten that much attention. Then when I got back into the woods and hit the twisties... oh yes. Good times.

This forum has already helped me a ton, so thank you guys! Here is a pic I snapped with my Blackjack on the way home. That's my mom in her new Ram, btw. :) Hopefully I'll have time to take some good pics this weekend.

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
759 Posts
First of all, Welcome to the forum!

This was my first euro car and I love it. So much that 2 months later I bought another euro car after owning GM's all my live.

With the top down is the only way to roll. Weather is ideal out here so I take advantage of it often.

Oh yeah, and your myspace website is down!

Aaron Lephart

·
Registered
2001 SLK230
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ALephart said:
With the top down is the only way to roll. Weather is ideal out here so I take advantage of it often.
The weather is so perfect here right now. I live for hot weather. It was around 85 today with a little breeze in the evening. Good stuff.

ALephart said:
Fixed it!

·
Registered
99' SLK 230
125 Posts
hmmm

its up trust me, im packing my bags now headin to MS :D

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
759 Posts
Not a bad looking girl. What's your nationally if I may ask?

Aaron Lephart

·
Registered
2001 SLK230
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's your nationally if I may ask?
My nationality is American; my ethnicity is... unknown. :p I'm adopted, and I don't have any info about my biological parents. It's fun because apparently I look like a lot of different ethnicities, so I can be whatever I feel like at the time. :)

im packing my bags now headin to MS :D
You picked a great weekend. :p New car for me today, Cinco de Mayo Saturday... I have plenty of reasons to party, and I am starting tomorrow evening at 5:30 PM sharp. lol

·
Registered
99' SLK 230
125 Posts
watch out

evillaundry said:
My nationality is American; my ethnicity is... unknown. :p I'm adopted, and I don't have any info about my biological parents. It's fun because apparently I look like a lot of different ethnicities, so I can be whatever I feel like at the time. :)

You picked a great weekend. :p New car for me today, Cinco de Mayo Saturday... I have plenty of reasons to party, and I am starting tomorrow evening at 5:30 PM sharp. lol

girl like you and a guy like me wouldnt need a reason to party:thumbsup:

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Welcome to the fourm and you'll love it. My little one loves hers now that most of the kinks have been worked out. The best mods for her have been the $30 gizmo that makes the top go down and up with just one press of the button (you don't have to hold it) and the clear plastic windscreen (the black mesh factory one is very hard to see out of at night). The next thing is to take care of the peeling interior, unfortunately a common problem for these cars.

·
Registered
2017 VW GTI Autobahn / (Gone) '02 SLK32 AMG
372 Posts
Beautiful car! :thumbsup:

I know the feeling about "the few days a week" car idea... My other car has sat dormant since my SLK32 purchase in mid November... I've already put 7k miles on it! These are definately attention getting cars...

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Welcome to our forums, and our cars

Hope you have as much fun as we do with them :D

where the link to this myspace page then ?

·
Registered
2002 SLK 320 for sport, 1999 C 280 for utility
37 Posts
Welcome to the family. I know when I'm out in mine I get waves from every other Mercedes I pass.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
No searchy, To lazy :D

·
Registered
2002 SLK230
595 Posts
Hi and Welcome,

Sounds like you're already in love with your new-to-you carr and you picked a really nice one. My car is flatout the most fun to drive car that I've ever owned!

It's not a 0-60 rocket even though I've done a couple of mods to it but it has a very fast top end and like I said, it's just a blast to drive. The club here has a lot of talent with a bunch very knowledgeable guys so don't toss your money to the dealership before running the situation by the guys here.

Like Bazzle (one of the resident experts) said, update your profile with the year and model of your car....it really helps when you ask a question about anything mechanical. I think that 99 with help with anything on a personal level<grin>.

99-- give the poor woman a chance to have a seat before you maul her at the door<LOL>!!

Jeff

1 - 20 of 28 Posts