Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG....I'm so happy! Two-tone interior (silver/black), the works.<br>
<br>
Next up: new tires (PZero Rosso or Potenza S-03), possibly Colgan bra (I'm not 100% sure). Spent my day washing and waxing...I can almost see the reflection of my silver '99 M3 on the rear door!<br>
<br>
I've read just about every post on this W210 forum, and I'm so glad there are owners out there willing to share their feelings, advice, tips, recommendations, etc.<br>
<br>
Any suggestions for the license plate (7 characters)? Unfortunately, 'schnell' was already taken in California.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be happy once the snowing stop!!!

Down side of living in Western NY is the unpredictable snow in Dec., Jan., Feb., and Mar.. I can only drive my ML320 for now. What kind of tire do you have now? My 2002 E55 came with Dunlop 9000 and it is equivalent to the Michelin Pilot Sport I had with my 98'E430 Sport(traded) and feels quieter. Considering E55 have 18in. wheel, I like the Dunlop and it suppose to have better wear than Michelin. Also around Buffalo area, tire with good wet road performance is ideal. Do not even considering the Bra; it is butt ugly. There are older posts with pictures of the bras and it is very tacky!!! Congradulation again, and happy driving.<br> <br> John J

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
License plates

ChoMan,<br>
<br>
Congratulations!<br>
<br>
My neighbor's license plate -- B17CHY -- reminded me that a 5 could pass for an S.<br>
<br>
FINE55E<br>
BE55ER<br>
1LE55M5<br>
OBSE55N<br>
<br>
etc.<br>
<br>
MBMB<br>
'02 E55<br>
Tectite / Charcoal<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I've been pretty lucky with the weather around here in the Bay Area (near San Jose). It rained slightly last night, so the big yellow/orange '!' was popping on at pretty much every stoplight when I took it out this morning.<br>
<br>
I have Michelin Pilot Sports right now, and the tread is pretty much bare. I'm thinking Potenza S0-3 right now, but I may look at the PZero Rosso's also. Michelin Pilot Sports again? Unfortunately, for some reason, they cost $45 more for fronts and $60 more for rears compared to the other tires...I have no idea why. I already spent around $1100 to replace 225/17, 245/17 on my M3 with the Michelins, so I don't want to spend too much more.<br>
<br>
I was looking into a bra because of the paint...for some reason, it seems to very easily chip. I drove around for about 2 hours the other day (not too hard), and I already found 4 tiny chips that weren't there before I left. Maybe I'll look into other alternatives, like the clear stuff.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: License plates

Thanks MBMB.<br>
<br>
I really like 1LE55M5, but there's about 8 of them in my town, and one down the street. Not that I'm one to back down or anything, but that plate is just an invitation for high speed thrills and unfortunately, tickets and high insurance. I actually had the pleasure of driving side-by-side with an M5 early this morning. I think 0-60 (onto the highway), I had it beat (would have been closer if the guy knew how to drive stick properly). At about 100 or so, we both backed down. But it is incredible how quickly this car gets to 100, especially from 60, and how rock-solid and smooth it is at triple digits. Incredible.<br>
<br>
As for my neighbor's license plate, it's not custom or funny. But his son has a sticker on his car (big Chevy truck) which makes me laugh every time I look at it:<br>
<br>
'My Other Toy Has Breasts'.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No need for encouragement, I'm going out right now......

I have to be careful because the tires are pretty worn, but I can't wait until Thursday, when I get new ones put on.<br> <br> But I took it out for a spin and damn, I'll never forget feeling 390+ pounds of torque for the first time. I thought my M3 was quick and powerful (probably 5.6 or 5.7 0-60 with 240 horses), but the E55 and the V8 feels 5x more brutal. It's weird how all these publications state 0-60 times for the E55 from 4.9 up to 5.5, but you know what, I don't care too much. Anything that goes 0-60 in the mid-5s with an automatic tranny is quick enough for me.<br>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts