Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At long last I picked up the new '55 a few hours ago...Obsidian, black/red, nav, lighting, premium, airscarf, 45 miles on the odometer when I picked it up. No scratchs, no dents that I can find. The remote roof opener appears to have a range of about 10 feet. The only problems I've found so far are the nav system telling me to turn left one time where I needed to turn right, and the engine idle in gear is a bit rougher than I expected. Some of you may laugh at or be upset with me, but the sensations I get when driving this car are exactly what I reported here last fall when I test drove one...sounds, rides, and handles like a Corvette (not a bad thing in my opinion), except I like this size better...I think Corvettes are to big and therefore less fun to drive. When it stops raining here (hopefully Sunday) I'll post some photos. Thanks again to many of you out there that helped me with configuring the car and putting up with some less than ethical sales tactics at the dealer.

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy! Looking forward to pics...

I completely agree on the vette reference but it's a good thing it doesn't also feel like a vette from the perspective of the cockpit. Thank goodness for well-designed interiors.

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Masmole, and thanks again for you help regarding the red color in the seats. I would have had all black seats without your help...I think I made the right decision.

·
Registered
W116, W126, R170.
217 Posts
G'day shark22,

Congratulations and good luck with your 55. My 350 arrived at the dealers on Friday afternoon and I should pick it up on Tuesday after waiting 12 months.

Just starting to get excited.

Agent 1 [8D]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
Congrats!!! Have fun!
I got mine a week ago and am loving it so much. The best car I hve ever owned.

45miles upon delivery seems to be a lot... Did you buy it as brand new or...

Cheers

·
Registered
515 Posts
MKSM3 - 4/2/2005 8:57 AM

Congrats!!! Have fun!
I got mine a week ago and am loving it so much. The best car I hve ever owned.

45miles upon delivery seems to be a lot... Did you buy it as brand new or...

Cheers
My thought exactly. Now, I'm due to pick up my car tomorrow and it has 54 miles on it and the engine is hot when I drive over to the dealer's to check on it this afternoon. What gives??

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
307 Posts
Starting the day after I got my car, it rained every day for 2 weeks (usually in the afternoon). Before I got my car it seemed like a month since the last time it rained.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts