Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Okay today's codes:
P0335 - CPS
Component E3w2 - left tail lamp/parking lamp has short circuit or open circuit
M21/2 - right electrically adjustable and heated exterior rear view mirror: Mirror heater has a short circuit
Error testing automatic air conditioning - device unable to communicate with control unit

The left rear light error has been flashing for ages, but no problems with the tail light. Mirror appears to be functioning properly. Air conditioning works, so that one might just because scanner is not SDS.

Thoughts on the CPS? It is a BWD Crankshaft Sensor. Pep Boys does not have an option for Bosch. Should I see if I can get my money back and get a Bosch. The CPS error code has popped up a lot. I've swapped it three times in 18 months and the car say for 6 of those months.

I don't think this is related, but I'll throw it out here. The rear shade has been stuck in the up position for a while. Is there a good way to fix that without having take the rear deck apart? Could it be a fuse? Anyone come up with a good solution short of cutting it out.

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Well get the Bosch, at least to eliminate the sensor from the equation. There is a good chance that the cable to the ECU is bad, connector has connection or corrosion problems. If the car runs fine, then it keeps stalling when the engine gets warm, I would just take the senor connector out, spray some connector cleaner on both the sensor and the harness connectors, let it dry, and reinstall. See if it helps. Get a Bosch sensor from a reputable seller, and replace, so you can get your money back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Would MAF cleaner work or should I get connector cleaner specifically? The last time the CPS had an issue the code had something to do with water on the sensor. Swapped it out and put some dielectric grease on both ends.

Is there a DIY fix for a bad connector? I've not done anything with wiring in the past and that scares me a little to be honest.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
MAF cleaner should work. The connector should have some gasket against water intrusion. Put a layer of dielectric grease (silicon paste) over the gasket. As I said, get the Bosch sensor, and if you still have codes, then it is likely a connector / wiring problem. I believe you can get a connector with a pigtail that you could cut the original cable and splice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just ordered the Bosch part from Pep Boys. It doesn't show on their website as a fit, so wasn't available option the first time around. It'll take a week to get here. They're being great about letting me take back the bad one.

Thanks for all the help. I'll post again once the new sensor is here in about a week.

·
Registered
38 Posts
About to grab the new sensor. What is a good way to test it without driving on the freeway? I really don't want to repeat the stalling from two weeks ago. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
New sensor installed. The Bosch did not want to slide in like the old one did...had to give it a few light taps. The CEL turned itself off. Scanned and erased the code. Car drove smoother than it has in a while. What is a good way to test without going for a long drive and possibly getting stranded?

Also, any thoughts on the rear window shade stuck in the up position? Thanks again!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thoughts?

New sensor installed. The Bosch did not want to slide in like the old one did...had to give it a few light taps. The CEL turned itself off. Scanned and erased the code. Car drove smoother than it has in a while. What is a good way to test without going for a long drive and possibly getting stranded?

Also, any thoughts on the rear window shade stuck in the up position? Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Just keep on driving.

The only way I know is to look at the misfire and smooth running cylinder parameters when the engine is HOT.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
8 Participants
mrboca
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing